Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
I've told 'em. Got one of those standard file#blah blah blah letters back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I really want an FJ and i do not plan on buying one for about two years and if toyota does not have a diesel then i will be buying somthing else with a diesel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
it's honestly not happening.....

People were pushing forever for the land rover defender over here, they just don't do diesel here in the states for some reason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
I dream of a FJ Cruiser MT 6 with the 165D-40 Turbo Diesel (4 cylinder) with 166 hp only but more torque then the V6 4.0L!

This group is available on the Landcruiser in Europe and permit a very good mileage rating.

Here in Quebec, Canada, the fuel is near 4$ per gallon and it appear we are alone to paid very expensive fuel.

Toyota will start exporting Diesel here when people in USA will ask for torque and fuel efficiency instead of HP only. Toyota Japan not listen to Canada only, we need your help USA!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
wakesurfboy said:
I dream of a FJ Cruiser MT 6 with the 165D-40 Turbo Diesel (4 cylinder) with 166 hp only but more torque then the V6 4.0L!

This group is available on the Landcruiser in Europe and permit a very good mileage rating.

Here in Quebec, Canada, the fuel is near 4$ per gallon and it appear we are alone to paid very expensive fuel.

Toyota will start exporting Diesel here when people in USA will ask for torque and fuel efficiency instead of HP only. Toyota Japan not listen to Canada only, we need your help USA!
I thought Canadians hated Americans for not minding our own business on a global scale??? Now you want our help with diesel. What's up with that??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
FordSucks said:
I really want an FJ and i do not plan on buying one for about two years and if toyota does not have a diesel then i will be buying somthing else with a diesel
^ What he said....

BTW Why does ford suck?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel Diesel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Toyota will put diesel in the tundra down the road. the talk is it takes time to upgrade the shops to work on trucks that big. Then tell them to buy all new sst's to work on the new diesel. BTW the tundra will be available in 39 models next year and the redesigned tundra is about the size of an F-250.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
coolcruiser said:
Toyota will put diesel in the tundra down the road. the talk is it takes time to upgrade the shops to work on trucks that big. Then tell them to buy all new sst's to work on the new diesel. BTW the tundra will be available in 39 models next year and the redesigned tundra is about the size of an F-250.
what do you mean "39" models?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
totaleclipse02 said:
what do you mean "39" models?
For example: model 1 FJC 2wd auto model 2 FJC awd MT model 3 FJC 4x4 auto. So the tundra will have 2door,4door,2wd,4x4, std cab double cab, and so on in 39 configurations not including packages and options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
totaleclipse02 said:
it's honestly not happening.....

People were pushing forever for the land rover defender over here, they just don't do diesel here in the states for some reason
The reason they don't do Diesels here is because our diesel fuel is formulated in a different manner than that of Europe. It would take too much (money) to equip our diesel engines to use the (very) inexpensive European diesel fuel. Plus our refineries are not setup to produce it.
Hence the Euros get very efficient, fast, quiet and smokeless Diesels now and we try to figure out how to save fossil fuels while producing and marketing 6 liter V8s for roads where the speed is limited to 65mph. Someone explain that logic to me. :eek: Duh!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
other1 said:
I thought Canadians hated Americans for not minding our own business on a global scale??? Now you want our help with diesel. What's up with that??
Where you take this idea?

Canada and USA form a unique market and both countries depend on each other.

Just think about our petrol and electricity for USA and automotive for Canada!

In time, Canada and USA will form a very integrated region with common international border, even if some protectionist doesn’t like that.

I'm not the guy you talk about...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
wakesurfboy said:
In time, Canada and USA will form a very integrated region with common international border, even if some protectionist doesn’t like that.
I rather incline to John Stewart's view of future US/Canadian relations:

USA: _knock_ _knock_
Canada: Yes?
USA: Ummmmm. We are out of wood.

Cheers,
prat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
wakesurfboy said:
Where you take this idea?
Canada and USA form a unique market and both countries depend on each other.
Just think about our petrol and electricity for USA and automotive for Canada!
In time, Canada and USA will form a very integrated region with common international border, even if some protectionist doesn’t like that.
I'm not the guy you talk about...
Sorry whats the population of Canada again? "Integrated Region" more like adding Hawaii but less desirable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
mappelman said:
Sorry whats the population of Canada again? "Integrated Region" more like adding Hawaii but less desirable.
Let's talk about this when USA cry for more petrol, electricity, water and wood from us...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Old FJ40'er said:
The reason they don't do Diesels here is because our diesel fuel is formulated in a different manner than that of Europe. It would take too much (money) to equip our diesel engines to use the (very) inexpensive European diesel fuel. Plus our refineries are not setup to produce it.
Hence the Euros get very efficient, fast, quiet and smokeless Diesels now and we try to figure out how to save fossil fuels while producing and marketing 6 liter V8s for roads where the speed is limited to 65mph. Someone explain that logic to me. :eek: Duh!!!
Nope that not correct There is a variety of diesel options here, Ford, GM Crysler all offer diesel in trucks and offer options for passanger cars next year. VW has full like has a diesel option, while Mercedea been selling them for years. And then more I think about it and as more as original emotions mellow. the more the FJ's 18 mpg frustrates me it really should be closer to 25 MPG

Mercedes Diesel
Engine 3,222-cc DOHC 24-valve inline-6. Cast-iron cylinder block. High-strength aluminum-alloy head.

Net power 201 @ 4,200 rpm
Net torque 369 @ 1,800 - 2,600 rpm
VS
FJ's
239 hp @ 5200
278 lb-ft @ 3700

I'll give up 37 ponies for 91 lbs of torque @ 2000 rpm and 30 miles per gallon for a Diesel that only broke in @100,000 miles
And as far as 0-60 performance the Mercedes (grant it its yes it slightly more aerodynamic then the brickwall FJ) does 0-60 a sec faster @ only 400 less weight. Besides the FJ is off road not a street racer and again for almost double the MPG's.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top