1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Or make them into turn signals.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
There has been attempts at this. It's really easy to get into trouble for having bright lights up there though. In it's stock configuration some people are still running into trouble with the troopers. In addition to codes, you will still have to overcome heat issues with brighter lights. That's a plastic housing.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Wouldn't the structure from an LED flashlight work? They have good throw and aiming and they run off DC, so they can be wired into the system, possibly have to step down from 12V of course.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
A lot of states like north carolina only allow you to have 4 forward facing lights... (2 headlights and 2 foglights). So if you own an FJ and have foglights I can pull you all day in NC :)

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
There was a thread on here showing someone converting their mirror lights to a turn signal with yellow lights and some trick wiring.

·
Registered
923 Posts
There is a thread regarding turning the markers into turn signals. I did it. Not the easiest thing, but not too difficult either. Remember, this is an "I'd like to tell Toyota" thread, so really the OP was just saying he would like it functional from the factory.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts