Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Ouch! Kind of a Dumb A$$ move on his part trying to reach that high on a peak with crappy trail conditions?

·
Registered
85 Posts
"I'm getting another FJ Cruiser after it saved my life," he said. "I rolled it eight times and didn't get hurt that bad — it's a pretty good truck."

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
He just gave the Jeep community reason to insinuate that FJ owners are stupid. That pic in the article is probably already a meme on a Jeep forum somewhere............Thanks Dude!!!

:bigthumb::killtard:

·
Registered
190 Posts
.... and it had to be witnessed by two jeep guys to top it off. Theres some ammo for them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, after reading that with the teetering part, the no straps or winch between two vehicles and the way everything was discribed I feel Mr. Darwin got cheated on this one. I'm glad he didn't get hurt.
I rolled my 85 straight axle down a small hill about 15 years ago and was amazed, but we were prepared for the trip. My dog was in the snug-top and first flop over, the shell popped off and just stayed there upside down while We went on rolling. When it was done we looked up the hill and my dog was walking down to us unhurt.
We had a cage in the cab. Nobody hurt, every body panel destroyed, 4 flats. Winched it upright, ether'd the tires and was able to drive it home looking out a lot narrower front of what used to be a windshield.
It was on one of the back hills at Littlerock Rec Area if anyone's in So. Cal.

With no cage, I'm pretty surprised on multiple rolls it didn't collapse on him as I've seen first hand how the cab was basically molded to the shape of the cage on mine after a few rolls.

·
Registered
206 Posts
He just gave the Jeep community reason to insinuate that FJ owners are stupid. That pic in the article is probably already a meme on a Jeep forum somewhere............Thanks Dude!!!

:bigthumb::killtard:
Its obvious that the driver is a cucumber short of a full barrel, but it speaks volumes as to the strength of the FJC's roof structure. Jeeps roll over all the time. :wink

I'm happy that he survived. Maybe he'll pick up a nice used JK!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Anyone notice the guy is wearing shorts? Even if it was summer, it was still cold enough on the mountain for snow...... and pants

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
:
.... and it had to be witnessed by two jeep guys to top it off. Theres some ammo for them.
No way, Heep gang loves the the FJ crew>:D

But he had 6" lift and 35" tires :rofl::rofl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts