Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered front and rear Superhide seat covers from Marathon yesterday. The stock front seats (driver's side) are showing some wear. These covers will have the driver and passenger arm rests, head rests front and rear, and will be made for the side air bags. They will also have map pockets on the back of the front seats. This will be the first set of Marathon seat covers for me. I have seen them once before on a friends truck and they were holding up well to the abuse he puts his equipment through. Now the fun part will be how easy and how well they fit. This will be a true test as I broke my right Radius last Friday the 13th and will be in a cast for 5 more weeks. The pattern is Shadow grass. I have only seen two threads that mention these seat covers, but no pictures or feedback. Does anyone else have these?

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
me three!

I have only seen two threads that mention these seat covers, but no pictures or feedback. Does anyone else have these?
well now you get to change that! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, order was placed via the internet on Saturday, 5-21-11. Today, Monday, 5-23-11, I received a phone call to verify my order. Everything was as ordered. They advised me about options that were not on their web sight (firearms related). Then I was informed that I could expect delivery around the second week of July, given the current work load. Very professional and friendly.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're here! The seat covers arrived today 7-6-2011. So they came about a week early. Of course I'm 300 miles away. Sounds like a weekend project with pics.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Add me to the subscribed list! Curious on the quality of these compared to others

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey get the lead out, get home, and get these things on! You've got a queue forming here... :cheers: and.. I'm anxiously awaiting some photos and feedback on these things as Marathon's "photo gallery" is a joke...

They'd be well advised to offer some kind of discount from customers buying covers for vehicles they don't have pictured. Photos sell products and all you'd have to do is email them high res pics after the install and Wa-la! Are you listening Marathon? No...? I didn't think so.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Front and back seat came in separate plastics bags with instructions enclosed.
Instructions were good. But, of course could have been a little more detailed.
Each piece was marked for the portion of the seat that it covered. Good stitching. Very nice.
Fit and finish is top notch. There was one velcro strap that was sewn in a place that was blocked by a support brace. But, it went around with no problem. Straps are long enough to allow trying different attachment points.
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being OEM Factory Perfect, I would rate these an 8.75 overall. They are well made.
I recommend having a second person help put them on. We spent about 2.5 hours putting these on.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
The seat covers look great! I'm not too into the design but, to each his own. Thanks for posting all the detailed pics.

One question though. I don't think I see a problem with it, but do the driver/passenger covers contour into the center section of the backrest? Or do they sort of tent up from the side bolsters? They look like they fit pretty snug from the pics but I just wanted to be sure.

Either way, another great option for seat covers for those who'd like them.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The covers are snug. They are easy to tighten after some break in / use. Camo is not for everyone. But, I like how they look on the Sandstorm. Makes the interior look like it has more room.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just threw up in my mouth but my wife likes them, go figure...

Congrats on the new covers. Glad to see there is another option out there.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ROFLMAO. They make solid colors as well. I like your wife's sense of style though.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sweet! I'm a fan of camo.

Is the pocket on the back of the passengers seat still accessible with the cover on? Wonder if they put a slit in it or if they just covered it up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sweet! I'm a fan of camo.

Is the pocket on the back of the passengers seat still accessible with the cover on? Wonder if they put a slit in it or if they just covered it up.
You can order them with a map pocket for one or both seats. Otherwise, no the OEM map pocket is not accessible.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Looks like they fit pretty well. I'm with rotorhead and calijetfxr (not his wife) on the style. I like real Camo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts