Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my issue today. Great read!

But one concern.. What happened to the quality of the magazine? Seems like it went from material that will last a while to newspaper-stand quality.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
got my overland journal saturday but not got this one yet....should be there when i get home from boone nc that is if I make it out of the snow bound community and am able to head south Wednesday. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just got my issue today. Great read!

But one concern.. What happened to the quality of the magazine? Seems like it went from material that will last a while to newspaper-stand quality.
Not sure that I understand. Did the paper quality change? Cover thickness? I am currently in Guatemala on expedition, so I have not seen the latest issue personally. If something has changed with the material, we will contact the printer immediately.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
ut oh...

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Not sure that I understand. Did the paper quality change? Cover thickness? I am currently in Guatemala on expedition, so I have not seen the latest issue personally. If something has changed with the material, we will contact the printer immediately.
I think he is referring to the Toyota Trails, not your publication...

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Got my TT and the paper is thiner not as heavy as it was. Cost cutting move most likely.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Jeff the new president explains in his opening the reason for this issue changes in Toyota Trails.

I have also heard that our membership is down this year, so far. Certainly the economy is contributing to that.

If you have a great article idea, send it to Todd, Toyota Trails is a member mag, so what we contribute, goes into it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jeff the new president explains in his opening the reason for this issue changes in Toyota Trails.

I have also heard that our membership is down this year, so far. Certainly the economy is contributing to that.

If you have a great article idea, send it to Todd, Toyota Trails is a member mag, so what we contribute, goes into it.
You must read the magazine and just not depend on pictures to understand the article.:grinbiginvert:

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is correct, to cut some costs, the binding and paper quality was changed. We are hoping that with our membership drive and referral program; we'll be able to get our numbers back to sustainable levels and bring back the old format.

Thanks to all the FJ Cruiser owners out there that are TLCA Members, we want more of you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts