Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance to run up Mary's Peak on the way to the coast for New Years. My 33X12.50's BAJA MTZ's didn't handle the snow too great but we hardly see snow unless you go to it. I'll take the performance in the other 3 seasons. :cool:

Here is my FJ in front of one of the great streams coming down the side of Mary's Peak

Then, the next day, my girlfriend and I drove to the Cape Perpetua viewing area that every minivan and grandma can get to. Then I noticed a logging road just below the parking lot. The gate appeared to have not been closed in years and there were no signs of private property or do not enter so we checked it out. The very entrance was very washed out and would not allow your Highlander or Prius to enter. We kept going up and found some real crazy washed out sections. I was very glad to have my locked and A-Trac. This was my first opportunity to see what the FJ can do. I am ecstatic. Looking forward to running Browns Camp once I get some more recovery/safety gear.

Anyway, enough talk, here are some pictures from the top looking North and South along the Oregon Coast Line.

North

South

I love this state and I love the endless logging roads all over. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has some pictures to add or comments?!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Signature test

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Great pics fellow Sandstormer . . . but we really need to see more. :lol:

I drove down the coast in Jan 04. The weather was miserable - wet, cold, windy - but I still loved it . . . until I got down to Santa Rosa, CA.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pics fellow Sandstormer . . . but we really need to see more. :lol:

I drove down the coast in Jan 04. The weather was miserable - wet, cold, windy - but I still loved it . . . until I got down to Santa Rosa, CA.
I learned that trip to NEVER travel without a better camera than your iPhone. :mecry:

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Yeah, on my trip back in 04 I had come down from Kelowna, BC and then to Seattle and Long Beach, WA. I did not have a car charger for my camera and ran out of battery a couple times along the coast. I was pi$$ed.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Great shot up in the snow! Man I miss going out and running the Peak back when I was at OSU. My roommate and I both had FJ40's and we would get the night run bug and see how far we could make it in the snow. Used to be a few fun trails down at the base too, I am sure long since closed.

Mark

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great shot up in the snow! Man I miss going out and running the Peak back when I was at OSU. My roommate and I both had FJ40's and we would get the night run bug and see how far we could make it in the snow. Used to be a few fun trails down at the base too, I am sure long since closed.

Mark
Yeah I still live in Corvallis. It's a long drive out windy highway 34 to get there. I haven't had a chance to go out there and just screw around. I know there are still some side roads that are open and end up getting hairy. I haven't been there since I got the FJ though. :mecry:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Great shots! I haven't been out that way in years ~ still beautiful.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great pictures, if you've got more please post. Those old logging roads are great, we've got a bunch here too in far Northern CA. Looking forward to doing some Oregon trips this summer. Also plan on checking out the many old Fire Lookouts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts