1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Think that would have ALLOT of road noise at 70 mph

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
I would SO Live with the noise!! just imagine the guy stuck in traffic, Sitting in A Smart Car, right in front of you, looking at that through his rear view!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
When I dropped my FJ off for some suspension work today, there was a Jeep with Maxtracks on the lift. The shop basically said they ran into one headache after another with it...didn't look practical or like something I'd ever want to have to work on.
I'd also imagine the jarring would reek havoc on your vehicle after time. While you still have your suspention, the jarring from the tracks would have alot of constant vibrations that the vehicle was never intended to have. If this were for a strict snow/mud only vehicle then i could see it, but tother wise it seems like it could be more of a headache. Also curious to how much power these eat up and how ell an IFS would hold up. The FJ in this case has a solid front axle, so strenth shouldn't be an issue.

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Each track has an internal suspension to take away vibrations and they have an internal gear reduction.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'd love to have them here in winter, too. But, at 400 or more pounds each, would need a shop to mount/unmount them.

Cost?

BTW, per their website, the maximum speed is 45 mph, so the only loud noise at 70 might be the things self-destructing :) Too bad...

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Last time I talked to a dealer cost was around $12G, we were considering these for the machines in our yard in Canada but the cost was just to much.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Seems like a whip to me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I like this one...crazy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just came from a off road shop in Houston and they had a green military jeep with those tracks on it. I tried taking a pic on my phone but it was too dark. It looked CRAZY in person!! And I couldn't believe it was street legal.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Like the paint and the cool rear winch. :)

Tracks are kind of cool if they can be replaced rather quickly.

·
Registered
324 Posts
When I dropped my FJ off for some suspension work today, there was a Jeep with Maxtracks on the lift. The shop basically said they ran into one headache after another with it...didn't look practical or like something I'd ever want to have to work on.
I saw your FJ today at the shop! :) hahaha we saw the same jeep!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i would really like to see a FJ cruiser with mattracks climbing high incline hills, i found lots of mattrack on other vehicules but the FJ with mattracks are rare.

found this one in the snow www.OFFROAD.az - YouTube the mattrack is seen at 7:38 minutes. the link is preset to 7:38

Personaly i think mattracks are cool but i dunno how they would react in a high incline trail, found Ken Block's Subaru with mattracks it gave me an idea of what it can do in snow. KEN BLOCK'S TRAX STI CAR - YouTube

If you guys have any other links / photo video about FJ with mattracks let me know :)

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts