1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
285/70r17. You could have minor rubbing on the body mount. 275/70r17 no rub

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I did 285/75/16 (Black TRD TT Wheels) with no rubbing, that would be max cause it was close on my stock wheels, spacers will cause rubbing. I ran that tire size with no rubbing for a few days but then put a Toytec 2.5" spcer lift on.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I did 285/75/16 (Black TRD TT Wheels) with no rubbing, that would be max cause it was close on my stock wheels, spacers will cause rubbing. I ran that tire size with no rubbing for a few days but then put a Toytec 2.5" spcer lift on.
What rubber were you running?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Bumping an oldie...

Is it possible to run a 295/55/20 with a body chop and no lift? Will a 295 clear the UCA?

And yes, I have my flame suit on.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
You might be okay, but a lot of that is going to depend on your wheel backspacing/offset. That's a lot of tire though, so I'm thinking you'll still rub somewhere.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
35s, lift has little to nothing to do with it

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just put 285/70/17 BF G's on stk alloys and no rubbing, even tried popping a curb on full turn with no rub. I love the ride and they are excellent in the rain at high speed..... like 90mph with cross winds. :clap::rocker: I have a 2007 no lift no chop straight up FJ.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I just put 285/70/17 BF G's on stk alloys and no rubbing, even tried popping a curb on full turn with no rub. I love the ride and they are excellent in the rain at high speed..... like 90mph with cross winds. :clap::rocker: I have a 2007 no lift no chop straight up FJ.
Great - this is very helpful. I assume your stock wheel backspacing is 4.5".

Thanks JRZYDVL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put 285/70/17 BF G's on stk alloys and no rubbing, even tried popping a curb on full turn with no rub. I love the ride and they are excellent in the rain at high speed..... like 90mph with cross winds. ?:rocker: I have a 2007 no lift no chop straight up FJ.
Thanks. This is very helpful.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Great - this is very helpful. I assume your stock wheel backspacing is 4.5".

Thanks JRZYDVL.
I had 285/70R17 too, stock suspension, stock wheels, no rubbing in any circumstances.

I don’t know the backspace, but OEM wheel is 7.5” and ET +15.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just put 285/70/17 BF G's on stk alloys and no rubbing, even tried popping a curb on full turn with no rub. I love the ride and they are excellent in the rain at high speed..... like 90mph with cross winds. ?:rocker: I have a 2007 no lift no chop straight up FJ.

Thanks that's super helpful... need new tires asap.. this makes my decision much easier!!! did u go M/T or Rugged Terrain?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts