Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own MaxTrax recovery skids (www.maxtrax.com.au/)? Do you think they are a viable replacement to a winch?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have them. They are not a replacement for a winch. I carry Max Trax, a Wyeth-Scott Company "More Power Puller" with extra synthetic rope, a hi lift, shovel, tire chains, air jack....you know the drill and have never needed anything other than my Bubba Rope and buddy in his ride.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Link is not working. Are these the sand ladders? I think they have a place in situations where you don't have a Pull-pal or anything for your winch to attach to.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Link is not working. Are these the sand ladders? I think they have a place in situations where you don't have a Pull-pal or anything for your winch to attach to.
Pretty much. They are bright orange plastic IIRC Tony.

Not a replacement to a winch, but they definitely do have their place. Good spot for mounting them is on the roof.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
I recommend you take a look at past issues of Overland Journal. They did industry review on sand ladders, bridging ladders, maxtrax, etc. Can't remember which came out on top, but I don't think it was Maxtrax.

Definitely, not a replacement for a winch, but its probably better than nothing.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I love mine. I have used them in snow and mud and they help alot. I also have a winch. Definitely not a winch replacement. Just another tool that has its place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts