Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

May Member of the Month – KSheffield (AKA Keith Sheffield)

Photo by Steve Lent​

We have a new feature here at FJCruiserForums entitled "Member of the Month". MuddyGrrl will be conducting interviews with a diverse cross section of this forum's members.

Congratulations to KSheffield on being her first victim. To read the interview click here KSheffield: Member of the Month

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Member of the Month: KSheffield

Member of the Month – KSheffield (AKA Keith Sheffield)

Photo by Steve Lent​

interview by MuddyGrrl

FJC: Future plans for the FJ?
Keith Sheffield: Yes! One day that rig is going to be my mobile office. Before everyone cringes at that thought, I really want to explore a lot of this country and bring those trips and people I meet back to a web-based business I want to get going. My FJ is going to be the vehicle to get me there and back.

FJC: What will your FJ look like years from now?
KS: Hopefully, paid off. And in dire need of a paint job. Nevada’s sagebrush and piñon pines don’t just pinstripe your paint, they go after your window and door trim too.

FJC: What will you look back on and remember most?
KS: Right now, it’s just meeting a lot of people I would never have before. I got a lot out of road tripping to Cascade Cruisers Cruisin’ the Woods last fall, with the exception of that MetalTech bumper in the raffle. My college buddy screwed that one up for me.
Then there’s this ‘retired’ FJ Trail Team producer who won’t leave me alone.
That was a good time meeting people, wheeling through the Ewok forest.

FJC: What has the forum done for you and what can the forum learn from you?
KS: It’s cost me a few bucks, and it’s going to cost me a few more before I’m done. I can see that right now. Not sure if the Forum can learn anything from me. I do like to offer some words of advice I give to others … Don’t sweat the small stuff, because it’s all small stuff.

FJC: What is the most unusual thing about you?
KS: My attorney says I can’t answer that question.

FJC: What was the best day of your life?
KS: I’d say graduating college. It was a big deal for my parents, especially my dad. He was always on my case to finish college. I think it was because he didn’t and didn’t want me to suffer the same hardships. Which is weird for me because Pop has always been the hero.

FJC: Where or what is your most desired adventure/excursion?
KS: I have Australia on my life list, and I think Alaska worked it’s way onto the list as well. Exploring more of Nevada and the Pacific Northwest. So much of the West still really feels untamed to me. I want to get out and see it.

FJC: What is your favorite trail/trip?
KS: The few I’ve done have all been lots of fun. That Steam Shovel Trail (Toyota Trails March/April 2008) was really cool. Dan Gibbs and John Tisor, it was their trail run they organized for our TLCA club. They wheel pretty hard and they classified that trail as a 1 on a scale of 5. I would’ve put it at a 2-3. There were a lot of firsts for me that weekend. Actual rock crawling, some goat trails that really made me nervous.

FJC: What is your favorite mod to date?
KS: Demello sliders. Those things are heavy duty. I need to get on a trail again.

FJC: What mod would you not do again?
KS: Predator steps. They came with the rig, but now they’re gone. They’re just not for off road.

Photo by Steve Lent​

FJC: What does your FJ do for you? How has it affected your life?
KS: Didn’t I answer this already? Is this one of those psych-profile tests where they ask you 20 questions, but in 10 different ways? I hate those tests. If you don’t want me to come into work one day armed for the Zombpocalypse, then don’t piss me off. It’s really quite simple.

FJC: What other recreation do you enjoy?
KS: I’d love to say kayaking, but since my kayak does not exist … I claim to be a road cyclist. Trying to get back into cycling shape now. I want to ride around Lake Tahoe (72 miles) at the end of May. That’s the first sign that I’m getting back in cycling shape. Just did the quick test last Friday and Saturday when I rode from where I work in Tahoe City, Calif. to Truckee. It’s a 28-mile round trip. So I rode 56 miles in two days. I’m not in shape.

Photo by KSheffield​

FJC: Who are you in real life?
KS: You mean aside from my mysterious forum handle of KSheffield. My name is Keith. Three guesses on my last name. I’m a weekly newspaper editor in Lake Tahoe, which means I shoot the photos, write copy, build pages. There are two others who work with me doing the same things, but I’m the one with the shotgun … I mean, I’m in charge.

FJC: Why did you buy your FJ?
KS: Two-wheel drive in the snow just isn’t my bag, baby.

FJC: How do you expect your mods to benefit you?
KS: I expect them to protect my rig from breaking on the trail. That work for anyone yet? Or do we all just break something else?

FJC: What is your favorite music? What CD(s) are in your player right now?
KS: Wow, what a great question. You might as well ask who’s my favorite superhero. It’s Batman, by the way. I do like the rock n’ roll. Guns n’ Roses made rock dangerous again, but heavy handed guitar laden rock is what I like, then some Americana and bluegrass, some Johnny Cash. I’m spinning a couple CDs by The Donnas, Betty Blowtorch (I’m telling you the women are rocking a lot harder than guys are these days), and then I have The Dropkick Murphys, and some Eddie Vedder going right now.

FJC: Did you have a previous vehicle that was as fun as your FJ?
KS: I just don’t think that’s even possible.

FJC: What is your favorite food?
KS: It’s called T’s Rotisserie in Incline Village, Nev. (775) 831-2832. Anything on the menu.

FJC: How & why do you participate on the forum?
KS: I usually participate to avoid working, and then to mock Muddygrrl at every available opportunity.

FJC: I, state your name…
KS: I, state your name, do hereby pledge allegiance to the Forum.
FJC: With liberty and fraternity for all.
KS: Amen.

·
Registered
851 Posts

Great idea! I look forward to the next one!!:clap:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts

Um, OK.

·
Registered
191 Posts

Congrats Keith on being our first Member of the Month :clap:
Thanks. Feels a little weird being the first victim, as Muddygrrl says. Remember, she likes car bombs when you see her in Colorado.

Looking forward to meeting many of you in Ouray.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts

Adds a more personal touch to the forum. I like it.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts

QUOTE OF THE MONTH
"If you don’t want me to come into work one day armed for the Zombpocalypse, then don’t piss me off."

·
Registered
2008 FJC 4X4 - Sandstorm
510 Posts

congrats

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice job and GREAT addition! Thanks for sharing - it is nice to get to know fellow members! I look forward to the next victim!!!:banana_hitit:

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Thanks for all the positive comments! This was great fun.

M

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice music selection! oh btw the girls have been rockin it herder for a while, L7 bikinin kill, but today its not hard with the metro emo kids!.. great interview.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nice addition to the forums

1 - 20 of 77 Posts