Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

May's Ride of the Month Contest

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
Welcome to the May's Ride of the Month Competition!

April's ROTM WInner @64b1t

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi there, here's my entry and answers to the posted questions:
  1. Pictures - please see attached.
  2. Mods - None, looks brand new. Check out the images!. Completely stock other than custom seats and premium tires.
  3. Ownership - Purchased late last year
  4. Short Description and Favorite Memory - Finding this gem, purchasing and driving it home for the first time (actually each and every time. I intend to keep this stock as much as possible. Recently drove it up to nearby mountains and the FJ handled the roads very well.

May the 4th Be With You!
~JayzCru

#5 ·
I just got back from a trip up to Nickel Plate Mine in British Columbia, so far this has been the most memorable trip to date. As I admit to getting lost on some very tight mountain roads I managed to find my group of friends after having to engage the 4 wheel drive to get out of a sticky jam:eek: it was definitely the most difficult situation I have been in. ( I had all 4 wheels spinning to get up a grade with a river running down the road).
Thorz Hammer is so far bone stock except for the recent bush applied pinstriping!
I have added a Smittybilt RTT for my comfort as my buddies sleep in hammocks🤮
A recent fresh set of KO2"s
I am waiting for my Freedom Retrofits Head Light Upgrade, should have them in a few weeks.

#6 ·
2007 Voodoo FJC Automatic 4WD with rear locker and Atrac
Wife ordered for me in February of 2006, received in April of 2006 to replace my 1976 FJ40 I had to sell after getting out of the military since we needed food.
Aftermarket mods-
ARB front bumper W/10k winch
Warrior roof rack
Long Range America Auxiliary fuel tank
Dual battery system
ARB snorkel
ARB dual motor compressor
SPod switch system for electric devices/lights added
Toytec 2.5” diameter Alumaboss 3” lift
TRD wheels with G003 tires
Favorite Mod- ARB dual compressor- really enjoy the speed and convenience of quick air ups when changing roads.
Favorite memory of this truck- installing all the mods along side my teenage son.

#7 ·
I have a 3 inch Toytec lift with JBA UCA. Running SCS wheels wrap with Falken Mt01 tires. Ownership since last year August 2020. I purchase my FJ in stock form. I started my mod the first day I arrived home with it. My favorite memory is the first day I purchase my FJ. I had always wanted one since high school in 2006 when the first tribute of the FJ.

Attachments

#8 ·
2008 FJ.
3" toytec lift, airlift bags, reszfab rear links, ricochet under body plates, smittybilt x20 winch, dual battery set-up,
Snorkel, flat bajarack, Hella halogens, idrive throttle control, DIY secondary Fuel tank, sitting on 35's, 16" wheels, Viair compressor and 2.5 gallon air tank,
UpDownAir system, frontrunner roof top tent.
Purchased the truck about 3 years ago.
My favorite 🤔 installing the secondary Fuel tank 😁 it was a challenge and fun.
Best mods the air system and the second Fuel tank 👌👍.
Had the truck shipped to COSTA RICA las June.
It's been super fun to go back home and travel the mountains, beaches, rivers and more.
I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys ask why do I need a secondary tank having the truck in Costa Rica being such a small country 😁😁 well if you've been there you know there's not a lot of gas stations so you better be prepared for if you want to travel the country 😂😂

#10 ·
#11 ·

I've done a lot of work the past few months.

From Installing an overlanding box with compartments for my tools, stove, pots, pans, refrigerator and 2nd Battery to installing a hood-mounted solar panel, routing all that wire, cutting and krimping what I didn't need, to replacing my steel wheels with some nice icon rebounds. It has been a busy time! I also installed the Metal Tech winch bumper, a smitty built winch, retro fit headlights, light pods, excess lights, an RCI Skid plate, and new brakes! I might have missed a few things, but check them out on instagram!

@Revenant_Overlands

Thanks

#13 ·
After tallying the votes, we have a winner!

Congratulations to @monflores11 for having the most likes on their ride!

Thank you to everyone who participated in April's ROTM Thread!
The thread is now closed.

A new thread for May's ROTM will be up soon!

~Richard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.