Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from around this area? A little early for this discussion but still, I intend on taking my new FJ up to Paragon Adventure Park in PA shortly after picking it up. If anyone lives around this area and is interested let me know.

http://www.paragonap.com/

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm from the Philly area and I would be up for that depending on the date. I'll take the 4runner if I don't have an fj right away.

There is also Rausch Creek (similar to Paragon) that is near Harrisburg, PA and is also said to be a great place.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I live just outside DC, but unfourtunately I'm pretty much tied up through July. I do want to check out that place at some point though.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe a mid-summer FJ Cruiser Rally? :) Let's see if there are more of us in this area who are interested...

·
Registered
3 Posts
We're putting down a deposit this weekend to get in line to purchase an FJ for my wife. I am actually in Hazleton, PA tonight (Paragon) w/ my Rubicon for a day of wheelin' tomorrow. Let's keep referring back to this thread to make plans for next summer; sounds like a great idea!

·
Registered
378 Posts
granger said:
Maybe a mid-summer FJ Cruiser Rally? :) Let's see if there are more of us in this area who are interested...
Im in Ohio ..GO BUCKS !!!!! I'm sure I could make it over that way

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
mpd8488 said:
I live just outside DC, but unfourtunately I'm pretty much tied up through July. I do want to check out that place at some point though.

Are there any good, good places around DC to go off-roading?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im in Ohio ..GO BUCKS !!!!! I'm sure I could make it over that way
Awesome. as the launch gets closer I'll start putting something together. What I was thinking though was having everyone meet up for one of their monthly rides. The cost is $35 per day or $60 for the weekend per driver/truck. Passengers are $5 per day.

Depending on the number of people interested we could just go Sat, or go the whole weekend. The level of difficulty is up to you. The rides are divided as follows:

Group 1. Stock or nearly stock vehicles. If you are new to this sport and have never been to Paragon this is a great group for you. You WILL have fun on this ride!!

Group 2. Stockers with experience, mild lifts, open differentials.

Group 3. Moderate lifts and up, one locker.

Group 4. Large lifts and experienced wheelers! 3" lift and up, locked front and rear.

Group 5. Hard-core...35 and up (tire size). Winch, expect body damage.
ilmor has been there so maybe he can shed some more light on the park.

Also, as Toy pointed out, there is also Rausch Creek. My understanding is that Paragon is a little better for novices because of their 101 course. Again, I'll have to trust those who have been there as to which would be better for a group.

Descriptions of the various trail rides can be found here:

http://www.paragonap.com/p_adventure_levels.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts