Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
One other question occurred to me, I am pretty certain insurance companies go off of a percentage of value. Dfferent companies use different values. For example if the damage is somewhere around 50% of the value they total the vehicle. The 50% is the lowest I have heard some insurance goes higher.

Anyway my question is, do you think the truck would have been totaled if the side curtain airbags had not deployed?

·
Registered
878 Posts
One other question occurred to me, I am pretty certain insurance companies go off of a percentage of value. Dfferent companies use different values. For example if the damage is somewhere around 50% of the value they total the vehicle. The 50% is the lowest I have heard some insurance goes higher.

Anyway my question is, do you think the truck would have been totaled if the side curtain airbags had not deployed?
I'm sure that was a major factor if not the deciding factor

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #146

It would have been close. The total estimate was just under $20k. The bags were $6k of that plus install. That would have brought the estimate to $14k (minus install) plus the salvage of $16 puts it at $29k. I would have fought to have it totaled since it was so close but the settlement was just over $31k so it would have been close. Maybe not so close once they added in a variance to the estimate.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
It would have been close. The total estimate was just under $20k. The bags were $6k of that plus install. That would have brought the estimate to $14k (minus install) plus the salvage of $16 puts it at $29k. I would have fought to have it totaled since it was so close but the settlement was just over $31k so it would have been close. Maybe not so close once they added in a variance to the estimate.
Thanks for clarifying. Keep us posted on further endeavors.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts