Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More info in this thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/29771-missfjs-project-sfa.html
driving around and catching people taking pictures of my FJ, I decide more specs need to be out there :D

I never measured my stock FJ, but figured that they were close enough to the measurements on this post to use:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...37-height-measurements-before-after-lift.html

So here goes the height comparison:

Stock / Conversion
Front Recovery Point, Passenger 14.13 / 23
Rear Diff 9.38 / 12
Rear Tow Hitch (bottom) 15.81 / 22.5
Mirror (bottom) 48.75 / 57.25
Rock Rails 14.69 / 22.5
Gas Tank 9.56 / 18
Exhaust Crossover 9.44 / 18
Wheelbase 105.9 / 110

I'm not sure if Glenn used some sort of laser pointer measuring tool, but the measurements I have a pretty damn exact!! Not bad for working without CAD ;)

Here it is parked next to a stock FJ at the Pamona Offroad Expo:

The ride: Not as rough as I thought! The dual cases are stinky tho :)

Any other measurements people are curious about?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The ride: Not as rough as I thought! The dual cases are stinky tho :)

Any other measurements people are curious about?
RTI ? What's up with the dual cases? Problems or sarcasm. Very nice project by the way. Hope to see it in person someday.

·
Registered
110 Posts
A very cool project!!!! Those are some pretty serious Keds. A significant amount of the height must come just from the tires. I love the comparison of the spare tires in the view from the rear.

Nice Job MissFJ. I also look forward to seeing you in person some day.

·
Registered
565 Posts
the side by side pics are just nasty. It kinda makes me ashamed of my truck after seein those pics. the project makes the FJ look like a true rockcrawler/expedition/dunerunner/mudbogger/trailrunner/highway cruiser.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
the case is leakin' a little. stinky.
You need shifter boots. It helps cut down on the noise and would probably help with the gear oil smell a little. :p

BTW, I sent a shifter boot template to Jim so he could have them made up. If he doesn't have them send me a PM and I'll make another template and mail it to you.

·
Registered
415 Posts
your truck is simply awesome MissFJ. Who made your bumper?

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Amanda you have some very impressive numbers there...wow, what a gain on clearances. I cant wait till next years Summit to see it in person :) I know you were hating last years being there without your vehicle…you did get around ok though :D

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
your truck is simply awesome MissFJ. Who made your bumper?
Silly Fab Service and Tim. Tim cut out scrap steel pieces and burned his arm doing in the process. Guess you could say the cost was high on the skin replacement :silly:

What does a custom lift like that cost ?
It costs welding skills, geometry knowledge and some friends "in the business :p Other kits coming out will prolly cost around 9k w/o install, wheels, tires. This job might retail at 12k???

…you did get around ok though :D
:shock:

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts
Here it is parked next to a stock FJ at the Pamona Offroad Expo:
Geez, that sure puts it all into perspective, Amanda!! One picture is worth a thousand words. Wow. :bigthumb:

(And, all this time I just thought you were only 3'9" tall standing next to your FJ in your avatar. :) :) )

Anyway . . . . great rig, great pics and great measurements!! And yes, the marriage proposal is still valid. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts