Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching here in the forums, there's some older posts about med kits to keep in the FJ. I'm not a rock crawler like many of you guys and gals but I'm an avid hunter and I take my FJ into the bowels of VA. If there was ever an emergency, it would be tough to get an EMT back to where I'm at.

I ordered two items that should give me a good start to a med kit.
- Adventure Medical Kits - Hunter
- http://www.celoxmedical.com/prods_celoxa.htm

The hunter's med kit is more tailored for what my needs are and The Celox with the applicator would stop the bleeding in case of a gunshot wound or major artery bleeding till help could get there.

Both of there items can be had off of Amazon at a great reduction in price.

A gentle reminder to be responsible when we are all out in the middle of no-where that these kits may make a difference in someone's life at a critical time.

Eric

·
Registered
104 Posts
Don't forget that first aid supplies from mail order pet suppliers can be cheaper than getting it from even Walmart. We have wraps, gauzes, etc... from KV Vet for my lab because she has a habit of chewing her paws. There are threads on this on various sites where it's also good to know what animal medications we can take in a SHTF situation where the only thing around you is a vet office or animal hospital.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate to be the "fan boy" but Nathan of Pathfinder Recovery Gear has a pretty neat little kit for the dollar for most folks needs. Now when you really go out far away from civilization that's another story.

First Aid

...and he is a forum sponsor.
Good post! What and where a first aid kit comes from is irrelevant. The point is to be smart depending on where you are traveling and what you have with you. Had I know about this kit, I probably would have gone with that one.

Eric

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

·
A-Team Moderator
10,394 Posts
You are welcome! And if you only knew :rofl: But seriously, I take my life seriously! I know our system & their response times all too well and as a wise man once said, "A man's got to know his limitations".

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Im a medic so Im a little over prepaired for sure but that is one heck of a good start. Like someone else said staying calm having a plan and telling others where you are will make the difference in life or death. Great thread im new here and its the first of the yota forums im on that even has anything like this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts