Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The Story:
My wife and I bought Booger in August of '07
She started out as a Black Cherry, but is now OD (scroll far down).
I will add more to this thread as time permits...

Update: Just added CAI and a hiTuck catback just showed up. Demello Rear bumper installed at the Summit. Pictures are toward the end of the thread...I'll update this one soon(max 25 pics per post )

Here she is Stock

Body Mount Chop at the Tech Meet N Greet

OME Heavies and ARB prep

ARB installed with Aux lights and Warn Winch

My boy Oz working on his Rig

Spider Trax and 16"x8" Soft 8 with Maxxis BigHorns install

Buds skids, DiggerLinks& O&B SwayBar Collars installed at my second Meet N Greet

Some fun in Water and Mud

My cheap 10$ HiLift mount

I like Mud

Oz can't see out anymore :mecry:

The above is what I have done over the last few Months.
I have had my FJ for less then a year and she has completely transformed.
The last few weeks I have been prepping her for Linex, Snorkel,
1500W inverter and heated Seats.
Here is the progress so far. Booger will be done for the Summit.

Booger is Naked

Back from Linex .. here she is in OD, notice the black Vinyl around the windows is gone(we removed it)

Sprayed the door jams, door edges and installed my Bandi

The finished OD product :bandit:

Thanks for looking so far...
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Re: Meet Booger

Al, looking good! I would like to see more pictures of the paint job. Maybe from different lighting and angles? You've put a lot of work into this one.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

That thing is looking SWEET, can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished!!!:rocker::cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks gang...I'll most definitely will add more pics as soon as I start getting Booger together.
The linex dude did a good job, except that he broke the latch mechanism for the rear door. So I will have to remove it and see if I can fix it. I have a lot of panels to put back on and a lot of rewiring..installing my Dual Batt system too....uch I think I am almost in over my head...1 week before the Summit.

·
Registered
242 Posts

That looks positively wicked!

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts

I am not going to lie, i didn't think i would like it as much as i do because of the way the red linex one looked.

But that is flipping awesome looking swicago!

Oh, and that first picture of your son looks like he is going to work in a steel factory with those overalls on, haha.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

Al, you must really like diet coke to have a vending machine in your own garage. Btw, which wheels did you get that you need spacers?

·
Registered
300 Posts

thats one nice ride!:cheers::cheers: i really like the paint job you did. get some more pics of the paint job pleas...

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Al, you must really like diet coke to have a vending machine in your own garage. Btw, which wheels did you get that you need spacers?
LOL, I actually do not have any diet coke in it. PEPSI one for me ;) I didn't have much of a choice in the vending machine, since I got it for 450$ off of ebay.

Wheels...I mentioned a link above .. but here it is again .. link here They are 16" soft 8's with a 5" back spacing.

Looks Awesome! I would love to do something similar in coyote brown. Can't wait for the finished result.
I thought about that...I would have named her Turd, but I liked OD just a little bit more ;)

I'll post more pics soon...I am still at work :jester: and my wife sent me those pics real quick. Last night was too late for pics.

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Why did you take the door panels off?
Outer panels, because this is where all of our FJs will rust out first. Here and the rockers. You have no idea how much mud gets stuck in there. Those of us in salt states will rust out faster.

If you meant the inside, well, to be able to spray OD on the door edges and Linex on the lower edges...plus I needed almost all panels out anyways to wire CB and Inverter.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts

I'll be right back, I've got to pick my jaw up off the floor....that is AWESOME!!!!

·
Banned
2,479 Posts

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing the pics - I can't wait to see it put back together with the snorkel. It was great chatting with you last night as well.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts

And to think it could have had pop-out rear windows! ;)

Looks great! Can't wait to see the sunlight on it! Make sure to take some closeups of the texture!
Bob

Edit: I just went back and looked again at the pics. YOU PAINTED THE ROOF! (You are an animal!)

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

And to think it could have had pop-out rear windows! ;)
Hey .. i tried .. might try again ;) But in case someone needs a spare driver rear door window, I got one lying around.

I just went back and looked again at the pics. YOU PAINTED THE ROOF!
Not just the roof ... I also got rid of that cheap vinyl around the windows and linex the window borders. Linex'd the mirrors and grill in black :rocker:
You can't see it well in those pics, but all the trim around the front window is removed and linex'd as well.

(You are an animal!)
:bandit:

·
Registered
476 Posts

It looks like you drove through a swamp and it wouldn't wash off. I love that color. Can't wait to see the finished pics.

Did you Linex the inside also?

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts

OMG - that is awesome man - can't wait to see it finished and in person at the Summit - :cheers:

-

-

1 - 20 of 201 Posts