Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Re: Meet Booger

Well...I got the upper panel above the windshield back on and the liitle quarter pieces in front of the A pillars. But my A-Pillars wouldn't go on. The guy actually linex'd where the A-Pillars go. So I had to cut that off, went well...and in the process discovered something that the guy is going to hear about on Monday. Left side A-Pillar, looks like they didn't remove the screw on the inside and tore it out. Screw hole is tweaked. Right side, the idiot linex'd over a pop clip. Funny thing is, I even printed instructions for the A-Pillar and upper trim removal from AutoGlass mag.
Anyways, I think removing the linex from this area will allow the A-pillar covers to pop into place. Truck is now outside drying...I gave the area where linex was removed 4 layers of paint.

Here are two pics...one with pop clip still in the A-Pillar and the other of the jacked A-Pillar screw hole ...

On a side not, I was able to fix my rear lock mechanism that he broke...a bit of JB weld did the job...saved a $200 part

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

that green linex looks way sicker than i thought it would. Please post some more pics asap
OK ... my wife shot another..my kid and his Grandpa in the shot....but it is to dark already...will shot more as I finish her up

Attachments

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts

Wow! Can't wait to see it and wheel with you at the Summit!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts

ok, i read my first build thread. let me say this as nice as possible

I think you're crazy for doing that! I can't stand that stuff :D

·
Registered
876 Posts

Booger :lol:.

I like it a lot, that's going to look sweet when it's all back together. I know I saw someone else either here or on TTORA who had done one in red line-x, which I didn't care for, but yours is going to look [email protected] No more pin-stripes either.

·
Registered
448 Posts

Wow. Cool.
:rocker:

·
Registered
476 Posts

:rocker:That is so sick!

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Yay .. more progress...Today I sprayed the door jams and door edges.
Here are rear door shots

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts

step 1. jealousy
step 2. player hatin'
step 3. acceptence

$h!ts ballsy but I've seen worse on this board. Keep it moving Piccasso!

21 - 40 of 201 Posts