Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took possession of the FJRanger 12/16/07 with only the off-road package and floor mats, perfect. From there we took it on fitting break-in trip to the heart of the Colorado Rockies to have Christmas at the Grandparents house. We initially had planned a 10 day excursion but work called and the trip was cut short. We did have the time to take a day trip to check out their ranch that was recently purchase up in Sweetwater, man that place is beautiful, where I was able to get the Ranger buried up to the bumper in some nice dry Colorado powder; intentionally of course…to get the picture.

I am not new to Toyota trucks by any means. The first was a 1995 SR5. Next was a 85 EFI with a balanced and blueprint 22RE that I machined and built myself, man I miss that truck. Then there was a 03 TRD Extra Cab that I had mounted a roof top tent over the bed. All of them 4 wheel drive. Somewhere in the mix I bought a low mileage 92 mustang that is current being built for open track events, with most of the mods done myself minus the welding…$$$  So believe when I say I was hooked on the mod addiction long ago; I only blame myself:lol:

Since I had already had a root top tent on my Taco it is only fitting that my first mod would be the ARB Touring Rack and that is where the Ranger stands now. The next items on the list are OMEs, the ARB bulbar, bumper for us Americans, and then rock rails which I am current still undecided on who I’m going to with. There are many more like we all know…

Thanks to the site and the other members for all the great info. I won’t be posting much but I will figure out a way to contribute and I will keep everyone posted on the info I do come up with. Having two jobs, a nine and a haft month old son, born on the 4th of July, while trying to finish up college leaves very little spare time but I wanted to say hi and thanks anyways.

Socal let me know when you want to wheel or camp. I’m free most Sundays and Saturdays by appointment if given enough time:)

Nathan

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Oh great.. now there are TWO FJ's with Touring racks cruising around Lake Forest!! :rocker:

Welcome to the forum!

Lets see some pics!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh great.. now there are TWO FJ's with Touring racks cruising around Lake Forest!! :rocker:

Welcome to the forum!

Lets see some pics!

Your install of the tent was what finally convinced to post, well, and seeing some poor guy driving south/west on El Toro road at Jeronimo in a Sun Fusion Friday at 5PM that looked like it had just roll. Nearly all the windows were blown out, the rear of the roof was crushed in, windshield was crack, the hood and passenger fender were banged up good as well. But it was still driving:rocker:

I remember trying to get the front mounting nuts started, what a pain. Have you been able to figure out a quick release of any type? I now a machinist that could make something up if I give him a sketch. My only worries are will it hold up to the vibrations of the road or dirt.

Regarding the pics. What do you all suggest? I currently have them loaded on Kodak gallery. I have given the Forum help/FAQ section on posting photos a quick read and am still wondering what way to proceed.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Your install of the tent was what finally convinced to post, well, and seeing some poor guy driving south/west on El Toro road at Jeronimo in a Sun Fusion Friday at 5PM that looked like it had just roll. Nearly all the windows were blown out, the rear of the roof was crushed in, windshield was crack, the hood and passenger fender were banged up good as well. But it was still driving:rocker:

I remember trying to get the front mounting nuts started, what a pain. Have you been able to figure out a quick release of any type? I now a machinist that could make something up if I give him a sketch. My only worries are will it hold up to the vibrations of the road or dirt.

Regarding the pics. What do you all suggest? I currently have them loaded on Kodak gallery. I have given the Forum help/FAQ section on posting photos a quick read and am still wondering what way to proceed.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yeah the tent is an absolute pain to attach up front.

The way it is mounted normally, holds up fantastic. I thrashed my rig a couple of weekends ago and the tent did not move, vibrate or anything like that. But the ease of removal/install needs a fix.. I have no idea how to go about getting a quick release system devised though.

Hmm that rolled FJ doesn't sound good.. Usually when you see a rolled truck in this town it means they took a joy ride through Holy Jim and had no idea what they were doing :lol:

As for the pic's, most people upload them to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket, it is extremely easy to use. Once uploaded all you have to do is copy and paste the link.

You may be able to post a direct link to your kodak gallery, so everyone can see it. If not, you can try this:

right click on the photo
> properties
> Copy the image location

Then, put the link in between these tags :

i hope that made sense..

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,480 Posts