Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well now that the Summit event is locked in for a few . It seems as if some have turned a blind eye to the FJ Forum . If anyone is coming to Moab before heading to the Summit event post up here . I know a pretty large group of us will be in Moab the week prior . We will be leaving Moab Sat the 11th so hopefully we can meet some of you or get a chance to run some trails together . If you did not get into Summit big deal come spend a week in Moab with a Bunch of FJs having a great time .

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,108 Posts
I’ll be there before the 6th, leaving the 11th and I know quite a few will be staying up till Summit. We plan to run a variety of trails (leaning toward difficult) and have a number of well built rigs coming (including 2 SASd FJs). Cannot wait!!!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,108 Posts
Ex
Plan to roll into town on the 7th, and ready to wheel on the 8th
Excellent! Was great to meet you and looking forward to wheeling with you ? Happy to say I haven’t needed to use the sweet transfer case I got from you ? Your “neighbor” in NJ that I mentioned is coming as well... @iLuveKetchup

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Word on the rocks is the Camarokid is running a lefty be interesting to see this in action

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
“Lefty”? here that would just mean left hand drive...
A few years back . Inchworm and Marlin came up with a left hand drop t-case to run the 4.70 gears . there were some issues and then Trailgear bought out inchworm to just shelve the project . Recently there has been a little talk that the old owner of Inchworm and Marlin just may be working on something .

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A motorcycle in Moab would be fun . I am sure someone would also have a empty seat . or you could even rent a SXS .

·
Registered
310 Posts
So the last time we got to come to summit we went to Moab first for a two day trip.

We were lucky enough to make the cut and so I am thinking I want to see if there is anyone doing that again.

I looked around and didn't see anyone that was specifically meeting that weekend prior and planning anything, so if there is already a thread about this I apologize.

I don't know enough to organize on my own, but I am very interested in tagging along. Anyone have anything going?

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,108 Posts
So the last time we got to come to summit we went to Moab first for a two day trip.

We were lucky enough to make the cut and so I am thinking I want to see if there is anyone doing that again.

I looked around and didn't see anyone that was specifically meeting that weekend prior and planning anything, so if there is already a thread about this I apologize.

I don't know enough to organize on my own, but I am very interested in tagging along. Anyone have anything going?
There will definitely be a group of FJs there through the weekend and even up till Summit. The usual meeting spot is the parking lot of City Market on Main St, usually at 8am. So just show up at 8 and look for all the FJs, clustered on the NW corner of the lot ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
My husband Scott, Golden Retriever Ollie and I will be arriving in Moab on the 10th and leaving the 13th for
Ouray. We are staying about 5 minutes out of town in a place with plenty of room to have a get together. I am so looking forward to wheeling and learning from all ya'll. We mostly wheel the Danial Boone Back Woods Byway in
Kentucky so this going to a totally new experience.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
At this point I'm planning on coming since it's only about 4-½ hours from Crested Butte to Moab and it's been a couple of years since I've been there; plus I've always had a great time when meeting an FJ group there. I'll head back to CB when the group leaves for California so I can spend a few days there before heading over to Ouray. And I'll be open to doing any of the tough trails since I've done pretty much all of them before.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts