Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See below

Notes - FJ Cruiser Summit (one name option) – Ouray 2007

Dates July 12th through 15th, 2007 (needs confirmation with Ouray Town Management)

Ownership and Actions:
Seth- website development, onsite manager
Tim- Treasury duties, Marketing development, t-shirts design, Event graphic design
Graham- Secretary, business management, sponsorship management
Jason- Chair / Event Manager, assist with sponsorship management
Chris – Help out with sponsor contacts and event planning.
Fred – Local fact finding, Trail Boss

Proposed Tasks and Notes:

Talk with Ouray Chamber of commerce, town management, and/or Town Events planner.
Proceeds disbursement at the end of the event, “for the benefit of….”. We need to pick someone.
Design logo (name first of course)
Decide on fees and package for attendees.
Naming decision on the forum, pick three to five names and hold a poll.
T-shirt design review, let forum decide of design and make suggestions.
Collect suggestions for hotels so forum members may make reservations
Marketing suggestions,
Monthly meetings for whole group
Bi-Weekly updates back to Jason
In the next two weeks have name suggestions for poll.
Review waiver / legal implications for event.
Trail ideas and runs for each level of driver and vehicle.
Plan visit to Ouray for small group to gather information and lock it up!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
gsgmac said:
See below

Thanks Great Caputure.

Notes - FJ Cruiser Summit (one name option) – Ouray 2007

Dates July 12th through 15th, 2007 (needs confirmation with Ouray Town Management)

Ownership and Actions:
Seth- website development, onsite manager
Tim- Treasury duties, Marketing development, t-shirts design, Event graphic design
Graham- Secretary, business management, sponsorship management
Jason- Chair / Event Manager, assist with sponsorship management
Chris – Help out with sponsor contacts and event planning.
Fred – Local fact finding, Trail Boss

Proposed Tasks and Notes:

Talk with Ouray Chamber of commerce, town management, and/or Town Events planner.
Proceeds disbursement at the end of the event, “for the benefit of….”. We need to pick someone.
Design logo (name first of course)
Decide on fees and package for attendees.
Naming decision on the forum, pick three to five names and hold a poll.
T-shirt design review, let forum decide of design and make suggestions.
Collect suggestions for hotels so forum members may make reservations
Marketing suggestions,
Monthly meetings for whole group
Bi-Weekly updates back to Jason
In the next two weeks have name suggestions for poll.
Review waiver / legal implications for event.
Trail ideas and runs for each level of driver and vehicle.
Plan visit to Ouray for small group to gather information and lock it up!

Thanks Great Caputure.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Wanna merge this into your post?

Committee Chair: Jason
Treasurer: Tim
Webmaster & Registrar: Seth
Secretary & Sponsorship/Raffle Coordinator: Graham/Chris
On-site coordinator (Meals/Venue/Camping/Hotel): Seth
Marketing & Graphics: Tim
Trail Master: Fred
Toyota Liason: Chris

Description of duties:
Chair: Coordinates & oversees all aspects of planning and receives reports from planning committee volunteers. Reports should be made at least every two weeks, and committee conference calls will be monthly.

Treasurer: will set up a paypal account for the event, and will oversee/coordinate anything requiring the exchange of money: bids & ordering of shirts, stickers, hats, etc., compensation for any personal expenses (website registration, printing, etc.) or any contracts for venue or meals. Will also ensure proper disposition of assets to the agreed upon group.

Webmaster & Registrar: Will develop & maintain the website to include all event information as well as provide for the collection of registration information.

Secretary & Sponsorship/Raffle Coordinator: Will develop a sponsorship package, solicit support & donations from sponsors as well as solicit donations for the raffle.

On-site coordinator: Will be a local liason who will assit with making arrangements with venues required (camping, lodging, meals, etc.).

Items Discussed:
1. Event Name: We will have 5 names to submit to the forum for voting NLT 9/22. Names will be checked for URL availability & registered prior to public voting.
2. Liability & Waivers: Anyone with generic waivers will submit them to Jason. Specific waivers for drivers & passengers, as well as language absolving liability for the forum, BLM, event organizers, spotters, trail bosses, etc. should be included.
3. Disposition of assets: after the event, funds remaining will be distributed to an off-road organization with a national perspective.... Blue Ribbon Coalition was mentioned.
4. T-shirts & schwag: It was agreed that FJC forum sponsors should have first shot at bidding, but the bidding will be opened to several vendors.
5. Event logo: We should solicit ideas shortly after the event name is selected.
6. Event Shirts: Tim will develop a short list of requirements for the shirt design so a thread can be started seeking submission of design ideas. This would probably need to be cut-off after about 4-6 weeks, at which time the committee will select 5 designs to submit for a poll. The best design should be reserved for a driver's shirt, the other designs would be for sale to the general public.

The next scheduled call is Sunday, October 15th at 12:00EST.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Great meeting today, gentlemen.

I will begin planning out some initial proposed trail schedules in the near future. Won't be this week though (I'll be on the road in Montana).

PS- one thing I meant to bring up but we can discuss in future meetings: VIDEO... This event should be captured and a DVD made available. That's my industry, so I can help spearhead this.

FJR Colorado
Fred Ramsey

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
hey guys I'm back. thanks for taking minutes for this......I was sitting in a rented Hyundai still getting used to the altitude so my brain was a little off :) Recovering for a bit but I'll read everything soon. Thanks guys :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts