Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will reserve this space for the date and time of the detail day. But here are the preliminary details (pun intended):

What happens: I am in the process of setting up a Saturday date (I WISH I could pick the date, but we are at Meguiars' mercy there). Once the date is set, you ALL must go to Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online - Powered by vBulletin and register. Once registered, find the link in here ---> Sign-up for our Saturday Class - Irvine, California - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online and post up your intentions to go. I know, I know. You don't want to have to sign up for another forum. Well, this site (just look around it....you will like it, detailing n00b to expert alike) has a LOT of good info in it. It will be worth your time and effort, even if you don't plan on going to the detail day. Trust me.

Then the fun starts! We all show up in Irvine for the detail day. It will be a 4-5 hour day there, so bring drinks and snacks. We will start by washing and claying, then go on to a show finish on the FJ. It will be so sparkly that you will avoid the next puddle you see (then promptly come to your senses, turn around and go through it twice). You will get great discounts on detailing items and Meguiars product. And your FJ will thank you. How can you beat that?

Stay tuned to this Bat channel for further info as I get it.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
I will keep an eye on this. I need a good wash badly.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now, who here would like to see Meguiars as a vendor on the site? I'm sure they would want to know if it's worth it for them to pony up the $70 a month or whatever it is. I'm just trying to gauge the amount of interest we'd have. Maybe I should start a new thread in IN/EX section....

·
965 Posts
:confused: Your supposed to wash and wax the FJ?

To bad I'n not in SoCal I would check this out.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Keeping an eye on this thread. I guess Adams never responded huh? Thanks for getting this together!

Dave is this limited to our forum members? Some co-workers and I were talking about this a bit back. Just one or two extra.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Dave, resgistering for the site. It asks for who referred me. Do you go by FJDave on the other site?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
This is a good idea. Too bad it's too far for me. I would probably bring one of my other cars instead though. The older rides need more help. Thanks Dave.

i'm afraid of washing the truck, and seeing how bad the pinstriping really is underneath the layer of dirt/mud.
LOL that's how i feel!

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If all else fails, we can meet at my place and do a detail day on our own. This is what I detail quite frequently.....

What I USED to detail quite frequently, before trading in on the FJ...., WITH roof rack :D

·
965 Posts
opg, when did you make Moderator? Congrats man!! Welcome to the brotherhood of mods! :D
I've had power for a long time. I just handle the 4x4 tech section, MissFJ gave me power during her reign of terror.

I think your the first one to notice that I had that over my symbols

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I don't mind leaving my truck dirty for long periods of time. Its when you leave it that way unprotected by a good coat of wax that starts to mess things up. If I told you how long it has been I would probably scare ya! I'm suprised my paint hasn't started to oxidize!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts