Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.
I wouldn't really call this much of a build up but rather build to date. I started looking at FJs when my brother purchased one new in 2008. After seeing how capable his was off road I decided I had to have one.
I purchased my FJ in May 2010. It is a 2007 model, equipped from the dealership with the Convenience, Upgrade, and Off Road Packages, as well as the TRD exhaust. 14k miles when I pulled into my driveway.

Pic Update:

Mods:

ARB -
front bumper with IPF fog lights
rear bumper
full rack
fridge/freezer

IPF -
2 - 968 driving lights on bumper
4 - 868 lights on rack
1 - 4x6 reverse light on rack

Springtail Solutions -
Pet barrier
Rear door
Vent rack

Body mount chop
3" lift
18" XD wheels with Goodyear Silent Armor tires.
Rechargeable StreamLight "Stinger", mounted to pet barrier.
Blacked out handles, grille, mirrors, and park lights.

Old:

Thats about it for now. I need to start putting money away for another project.
Thanks for looking. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Looks great. I imagine that the bling plate will be the next thing you replace...it is a mud shovel that dents easy.

My ricochets have held up well; whatever you do, don't have them annodized OU crimson:rocker:

-Hook 'em

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FJC 2.0 -

Here is the FJ as it currently sits - Jan 23, 2012

No more spacer lift.

6" rough country
Light Racing UCA
Redline Land Cruisers - upper and lower rear links
Icon Extended travel remote reservoirs up front
Icon piggy backs in the rear

295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers

I also ditched the 4 IPF lights on the roof rack and went with 4 Light Force 240 XGTs and a Defender Light Cage.
For info on this go here.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/137763-defender-light-cage-3.html#post2077669

I also added some Ricochet lower control arm skids and their tcase skid. As well as Icon shin guards in the rear, and out rider link armor.

Warn M8000

now PICS.

My mom just pulling her out of the shop.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ya, ill be sportin the OU Flags on game day.....and im in Baton Rouge visiting family, HA!

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Do the ricochets work well with the ARB bumper? I wouldn't make it Crimson, my in-laws are UT grads:cowfrown:. I have the OU magnets and window flags for the doors. Only on game days of course. .
They do. You would just need to get the front plate that fits aftermarket bumpers. Brad (with ricochet) can help you out with all that. Their contact info is down in the vendor subforums below.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just saw your info......":lol:Arkansas.....unfortunately" LMAO!

·
Premium Member
16,625 Posts
Nice FJ! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Nice looking FJ!

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments everyone. I bought a couple new things. Still haven't decided where to mount them. Just thought I'd up date the ol' build.

10 lb? PowerTank 3000 max psi

2 - 9" XGTs by LightForce.
:cheers:

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Grandmas getting a new do. Ordered the Defender light cage and 2 more 240 xgts (4 total) last night.

Save the hate, tomorrow I'll be placing an order for the 6" rough country. After talking with thekeeper about his rig, I decided to essentially replicate his set up. Going to go ahead and do the Icon reservoirs front and rear, redline upper and lower rear links, LR uca, and some armor.

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Eric. I've been debating for a while on the lift. The Stage 6 icon, the 6" ugraded RC, or a long travel. The stage 6 was cheapest, but the vast majority of the offroad driving I do is on a cattle ranch checking fences and deer feeders. With persistent drought, and high fire danger, I decided every inch of lift will count.

I'm still torn on the tires and wheels. I'm sure once the lift is installed and it looks funny with the 32's I'll make a decision quick.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Sounds like you have the lighting situation covered. I'm looking forward to seeing your rig with the lift, lights and wheels. Btw, the ARB front bumper looks really tough. Do you have a pic of the rear bumper on your FJ?

With the 6" lift I'm guessing you'll go with 35" tires?

:cheers::rocker:

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like you have the lighting situation covered. I'm looking forward to seeing your rig with the lift, lights and wheels. Btw, the ARB front bumper looks really tough. Do you have a pic of the rear bumper on your FJ?

With the 6" lift I'm guessing you'll go with 35" tires?

:cheers::rocker:
Hey Joe! I will probably go with a 295. I don't know about regearing just yet, but I may.

Here are a couple pics of the rear bumper. I like the rear ARB. I was a little nervous about the "high clearance" receiver, but after having it on for a year or so, It's perfect.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Looking great! I was very happy with my RC 6". I had 35" tires and didn't need a re-gear. Let me know how those Icons turn out.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Hey Joe! I will probably go with a 295. I don't know about regearing just yet, but I may.

Here are a couple pics of the rear bumper. I like the rear ARB. I was a little nervous about the "high clearance" receiver, but after having it on for a year or so, It's perfect.

...snip
Thanks for sharing the pics. The ARB rear has nice contours...matches the FJ rear nicely. It it a class III equivalent?

1 - 20 of 137 Posts