Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
866 Posts
Congratulations! Always love your pictures. :smile

edit: I can understand the tires, but why three radiators? Wasn't going to ask but I couldn't quit thinking about it.. :grin
If you take a peak under the FJ bumper, the bottom of the radiator hangs down a few inches and is completely exposed. We have a lot of sagebrush here and the stiffness of the branches is enough to poke through the radiator. I have bought the filler plate from RCI Metalworks for my personal vehicle to prevent that from happening. I can't get the state to spend the $65 on the filler plate so we just go through radiators. Ha!

· Registered
866 Posts
Congrats Tyler. I appreciate an efficient rig and I like that you're concentrating on going out there rather then too much emphasis on flashy mods. Keep it up!
I have tried to be efficient with what I do money wise and not wasting time with unnecessary mods that I personally won't use. I have seen threads on here and in other places where someone spends a year building their rig out and then they immediately sell it without ever getting to use it. I don't want that to happen and it won't. The wasted mods has happened a couple times (ladder, sliders) but I got those things super cheap so it didn't bother me too much when I removed or replaced them. It is my daily driver so I won't ever make it undriveable but I still want it to be functional. It is a delicate balance.

· Registered
866 Posts
Even the work truck looks sweet! Now we're all jealous of your job. Great write-up and great FJ!
The work vehicle has 115k really hard miles on it. The body of it in person is really rough. Hi lift jack smashing fenders, trees scratching down to the metal. Sliders are shredded. I have a good time in it at work. It really amazes me at how well the FJ does in every type of terrain and in some pretty serious situations, it has saved my butt.

As for my vehicle, it is sitting at 63k miles. It has some dings and such around the roof from getting up on the rack and such. It also has some pinstripes (surface only) along the sides from the recent Mojave Trail trip. All in all, it is pretty much showroom new on the inside and out after a good detail.

· Registered
866 Posts
Grats! Glad you got to do the Mojave Rd. It is pretty much my favorite trail as well. Just did the Mojave this past weekend. You will have to let me know where that camp spot in the pic is :)

That site was within the first 15 miles of the beginning of the road from the eastern side entrance. There was a second site nearby as well. It was not super far off the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.