Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Awww Jake - thanks for the mention in your awesome interview! You and Rebecca are truly special people. Love ya man!

And for anyone who has not been fortunate enough to have TrAiLbUs1 (or TrAiLbUsTy for that matter!) spotting you on some gnarly trail, you are missing a true master at his craft. As a newb some time ago, Jake made trails easy to follow and was always willing to explain things without judgement.

Congrats on finally getting MOTM! :wave:

Munks

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Jake you totally deserve it man!! Wheeling with the AZ group was a blast and then some!!

Here's a pic that shows the recovery spot from the top.

So glad I met you and Rebecca man!! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Congratulations Jake, great interview! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Well I had to come out of retirement for this one. Jake you and Becks are the best. Glad ya got your well deserved recognition. Your words are inspiring and your heart is true. You are a good friend and so much fun. Me and the family miss you guys as well as most of the people mentioned in your shout outs. Much love from Japan brother and can't wait to see ya again next spring!! Fingers crossed. Surprised the plateau on the devils bunghole trip didn't make your mention. LOL I remember having to talk you into going up that thing to recover Brents rig and mine. LOL. Love ya duder!!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Hey look even NOR came out of the woodwork lol

Congrats Jake! this is well deserved. I'm proud to call you and Becca friends.

Looking forward to our next adventure...

:cheers:
So glad this trip we finally spent time with you, gotta travel to the valley to hang out more for damn sure. Ouray was tons of fun and you were a huge part of that. THANKS bud!

Congrats!
What up Mikey THANKS!

Not many people know this, but Jake is also a Conehead and good friend of Sad Keanu. Here is a picture from a Summit several years ago.

^^^ I fixed it. All is well. :cheers:
I hate you ;) lmao one of the best choppers around right there :lol: Hope we meet in person someday brother!

Congrats on the honor! :cheers: Great write up, Great stories, Great people!

Thank you very much!

Jake,

Congrats on being selected! Your interview and humble statements are an inspiration to us all! The award is well deserved and we should all strive to measure up!

Shirley and I thank you for the shout out! You and Becca are great folks and we look forward to exploring trails with you guys in the future.

Cheers,

dale

Aww shucks thanks Dale! Sad we didn't get to chat longer at the summit, hopefully we can go on an adventure with your two.

Finally the chosen one.
Congratulations!
maybe next year I'll be able to make it down for really reals..

We were hoping you could make it this year and chuck oranges at me :lol:...sob was bummed when you didn't. You've made a huge impression with us over the years, your insight into politics, religion, music and just life in general has been greatly appreciated.

Congrats man!! You deserve it!! I never REALLY got to meet you at the Summit but I'm sure by the end of the weekend everyone knows who you are! :lol:
Well next year don't be a stranger and hopefully we can fun a trail or two.

Congrats Jake!

I've shared some of the most fun and memorable times of my life with this gentleman and his lovely babe Becca.

Love ya, Mean it!

GGM
We will always have Moab ;) I love your spur of the moment Moab trips, bummed we stayed in Telluride this year instead of going to the red rocks. had no idea you guys were coming. SO many hilarious freaking times with you over the years. Hope for many more also! Love ya

Jake has also been under my FJ helping out with a front diff issue at the FJ Summit 2012.
Congrats Jake!! A title that is well deserved... and then some!!
:cheers: :cheers:
Pleasure to meet you both last year, do we still have an invite to come pick blueberries up north? :D

DUDE totally forgot to mention you :( sorry, where the hell were you this year?

Awww Jake - thanks for the mention in your awesome interview! You and Rebecca are truly special people. Love ya man!

And for anyone who has not been fortunate enough to have TrAiLbUs1 (or TrAiLbUsTy for that matter!) spotting you on some gnarly trail, you are missing a true master at his craft. As a newb some time ago, Jake made trails easy to follow and was always willing to explain things without judgement.

Congrats on finally getting MOTM! :wave:

Munks
It was so great to watch you progress over the couple weeks you started following us. I couldn't believe your driving skill, you followed every line. Practically without a spot, slow and low, just all around one of the best newb drivers I've dealt with. Pretty easy showing you how it's done when you have that natural skill set already lol. The parties and good times we've had with you are some of the best. You can munkay print my rig any time you want :bigthumb: THANKS for the kind words!

Jake you totally deserve it man!! Wheeling with the AZ group was a blast and then some!!

Here's a pic that shows the recovery spot from the top.

So glad I met you and Rebecca man!! Congrats!
Hell yeah man you fit right in, so glad we met such great people. Also thank you SO FREAKING MUCH for the amazing gift certificate to the the Thai place Siam in Telluride. My family couldn't believe we were treated so well there and it was because of you. Conner gave us an all inclusive multiple course meal there, it seriously had to be like 10 dishes total..and drinks. We were blown away.:rocker:

Wow. Always been one of my favorite people on the blue room. Congrats on member of the month.

God works in mysterious ways, mysteriously close to random chance.
What up waddup!!! Appreciate it bud!

Congratulations Jake, great interview! :cheers:
Yay, congrats Jake, it's about time they honored you!

Thank you thank you!! Dirchick rocks (they should have a smilie for you ;) )

Well I had to come out of retirement for this one. Jake you and Becks are the best. Glad ya got your well deserved recognition. Your words are inspiring and your heart is true. You are a good friend and so much fun. Me and the family miss you guys as well as most of the people mentioned in your shout outs. Much love from Japan brother and can't wait to see ya again next spring!! Fingers crossed. Surprised the plateau on the devils bunghole trip didn't make your mention. LOL I remember having to talk you into going up that thing to recover Brents rig and mine. LOL. Love ya duder!!

^^^One of the coolest dudes and familes we've ever met, we've traveled with, partied with, laughed our asses off with. So many crazy stories, just insanity. We lost one of the best when they went across the lake to Japan. But that is where life leads you and we are so glad you have built your home there and founds such a great life.

We had a party for Junks not going away party at Anza Borrego in CA during one of the hottest months. We showed up to it being 120 degrees with wind, we are from the desert and had never experienced such heat before. Well we made due and partied our asses off, around mid night I think we decided to do a night run up this gnarly shelf of just powder dirt. First thing Brett went off a cliff hanging on by a couple tires (not a good situation) then Junks went to save him and got stuck in another chute about to go over. Well by this time the chute up to them was slick as snot with fine powder. I couldn't get up it for the life of me (especially with Busty yelling lol) so Junks came down and got in my passenger seat. Screaming at me that I could make it up this hill and reving me up hahhhahahahahah. Well it worked and we powered through the powder to get to brett. I was at an extreme angle in a chute with a tow rope hoping I could retrieve brett without him flipping off this cliff with me attached SO FREAKING SCARY...seriously one of the scariest moments in my life. We got brett back on the trail then went and saved Junks. Needless to say we all went right back to camp to sleep it off. Holy hell that was awesome thanks for the reminder!

Funjunks you will always be close to us no matter the distance. Keep on rocking in the free world!!

Again thank you all for the great memories and adventures!!!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Jake!!! So glad to see this. A great story and even better people. You Rebeccs are awesome. Some of the best memories of my life were wheelin/hangin in Moab with you ya'll.

Miss you guys!

·
Admin
9,051 Posts
Pleasure to meet you both last year, do we still have an invite to come pick blueberries up north? :D
What, you think there's an expiry date on an invite from me? :lol:

We've been scouting out some new areas and they were chock-full of berries. It was all I could do to keep the girls on the atv's... they kept trying to jump off :lol:

I'll send you an email with the link to the photos, etc.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Thank ya!

Jake!!! So glad to see this. A great story and even better people. You Rebeccs are awesome. Some of the best memories of my life were wheelin/hangin in Moab with you ya'll.

Miss you guys!

Dude where have you been? Sucks not keeping in touch, we need to make more memories ya bastard! Hit me up on FB I wanna hear how things are going.

What, you think there's an expiry date on an invite from me? :lol:

We've been scouting out some new areas and they were chock-full of berries. It was all I could do to keep the girls on the atv's... they kept trying to jump off :lol:

I'll send you an email with the link to the photos, etc.

Thanks so much for the email and pics, great to see your happy family in such a beautiful place. So polar opposite from the brownery we have here :lol: and you have actual lakes instead of ponds :D. You guys planning on coming south next year at all?

·
Admin
9,051 Posts
Thank ya!

Thanks so much for the email and pics, great to see your happy family in such a beautiful place. So polar opposite from the brownery we have here :lol: and you have actual lakes instead of ponds :D. You guys planning on coming south next year at all?
Yes, the interest is there... we'll see how much the bills suck once they start rolling in from the new garage and stamped concrete though :lol: but yes, we definitely want to head down south again. Moab perhaps...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congratulations Jake. Best member of the month interview I've ever read. We miss you guys!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I love the YouTube videos, Jake. I can live vicariously through your adventures as I travel to work and skillfully traverse the speed bumps at Costco.

·
Premium Member
17,030 Posts
Congrats Jake! Great interview. :cheers:

41 - 60 of 68 Posts