Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Congratulations! You've earned it, for sure.

Great write-up and some impressive history behind it. It's an honor having you be a part of this forum.

·
トヨタ Master
5,787 Posts
I always suspected the Daihatsu Rocky was actually a Toyota body, but with IFS chassis. The engines look different too, but it's rare I ever see a Rocky in the shop, and have only once had a 70 series in, and I believe that was an L6 platform. I also thought Daihatsu was Korean originally.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,100 Posts
Listening to the radio yesterday... They declared it ‘Thunderbirds day’ and were talking to Gerry Anderson’s son... reminded me of the Thunderbird 2 Dinky toy I had as a kid and how I (like he) thought it was the best one. I guess my Land Cruiser and now my FJ are ‘styled’ and kitted akin to that....Maybe I should have bought an Army Green...

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Time to get a second FJ, like many members here who have two in their garage :grin:smile
I've been thinking I need three. 1 to keep stock and pristine, 1 to lightly modify and use as the daily, 1 to highly modify with fun stuff like a 350 and a full cage and dual steering and roll down back door windows

·
Registered
914 Posts
Listening to the radio yesterday... They declared it ‘Thunderbirds day’ and were talking to Gerry Anderson’s son... reminded me of the Thunderbird 2 Dinky toy I had as a kid and how I (like he) thought it was the best one. I guess my Land Cruiser and now my FJ are ‘styled’ and kitted akin to that....Maybe I should have bought an Army Green...
Thunderbirds, and Dinky toys? Is this some Brit ballyhoo, or what's going on here? :lol: ;)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Time to get a second FJ, like many members here who have two in their garage /forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_grin.png/forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
I've been thinking I need three. 1 to keep stock and pristine, 1 to lightly modify and use as the daily, 1 to highly modify with fun stuff like a 350 and a full cage and dual steering and roll down back door windows
then scratch my silly notion of 2!

3 > 2 of course hehe

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,100 Posts
Thunderbirds, and Dinky toys? Is this some Brit ballyhoo, or what's going on here? :lol: ;)
You mean the US didn’t get Thunderbirds?!! OMG you missed out on. 60’s iconic series!

·
Registered
914 Posts
You mean the US didn’t get Thunderbirds?!! OMG you missed out on. 60’s iconic series!
Yes? No? Maybe...? IDK - that's really not my cup of tea (no pun intended). I was more of a GI Joe, Transformers, & He-Man kinda kid.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Just read this article, and then had to read the build thread as well. Great stories, both. I think I have to do the under hood lights mod. Sigh. That's the problem with reading these great stories - I see things I should be doing instead of drinking coffee and reading blogs. Laura, Eddy, and Zero are all inspirational.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know this is NOTHING like what you were talking about, @ZerosFJ, but I found it awful ironic. While going through the guide to see what was on TV last night I came across this:

Again, hardly close to the nostalgia to which you were referring, but the Thunderbirds name nonetheless. :D :cheers:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I know this is NOTHING like what you were talking about, @ZerosFJ, but I found it awful ironic. While going through the guide to see what was on TV last night I came across this:

Again, hardly close to the nostalgia to which you were referring, but the Thunderbirds name nonetheless. :D :cheers:
NSA is listening and watching you....... >:D

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,100 Posts

There was something about clunky puppets and crude sets when you’re a kid...lost in this.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Supermarionaton

All of the best shows began, originally, in the UK:

Thunderbirds - Team America, World Police
Steptoe and Son - Sanford and Son
Top Gear - Top Gear (not)

Probably Starsky and Hutch were a remake of the Sweeny, or The Professionals, or something, too.

Norm

41 - 59 of 59 Posts