Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED
When: Sunday to Monday (5/25 to 5/26)
Where to Meet: For people coming from the Bay Area, we can meet at 6:00am at the Dennys in Emeryville, right off the Powell exit. From there we can caravan up to Eagle Lakes. For the others not coming from the Bay Area, we can meet you along the way. We'll probably stop off in Auburn for gas but we can meet you some where else, just give me an idea.
What to bring: Food, fire wood, camping gear if you want to camp, drinks, recovery gear, your FJ.
Tentative Trail Itinerary:
Sunday - Start Eagle Lakes around 10-10:30am and head to camp site. Run Eagle Lakes Sunday, mess around at the lake (fish, eat, etc.) Possible night run?
Monday - Signal Peak and explore other trails around the area. Head home.

Directions: Take highway 80 east towards Reno. Exit at Eagle Lakes road near Donner Summit. Go north under the freeway and follow the road around to the west. Turn north across the road from the Indian Springs campground. Follow the trail a short distance to the staging area.
Pics from last run at Eagle Lakes:
Ray Anthony : photos : Eagle Lakes 4/26/2008- powered by SmugMug
Additional Info:
California Trails

CB Ch. 31
FRS Ch 7/31

Overnighter run to Eagle Lakes and surrounding trails like Signal Peak. I've got a 4 day weekend. I was thinking a Sunday - Monday run. 5/25 to 5/26.

Last Eagle Lakes run, couple of weeks ago, we didn't ever make it to the Lake due to the snow but I'd like to hit it up now and camp out at one of the camp sites along the way. Post up if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I am interested ! The Sunday-Monday runs will work great for me, Wife and son ! Let me check with her to see if we had anything planned!! I have been wanting to go to Eagle lakes...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hmm... sounds interesting . . .

·
Registered
160 Posts
We were looking for an overnighter next weekend to try out all of the new gear we have picked up for Rubithon. We would be down for it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Pit,

Is thins something that a nonlifted FJ can do?? I really want to go but don't want to rip up the under side cuz I got no plates either?? Let me know what you think.....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pit,

Is thins something that a nonlifted FJ can do?? I really want to go but don't want to rip up the under side cuz I got no plates either?? Let me know what you think.....
Yes, a couple stock height/stock tires/stock plates made it through no problem. The difficult parts like Driveshaft Hill have bypasses. I'll iron out the details for this trip soon, been a little busy at work. You should have bought my Donahoes when you had the chance:cowfrown:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, a couple stock height/stock tires/stock plates made it through no problem. The difficult parts like Driveshaft Hill have bypasses. I'll iron out the details for this trip soon, been a little busy at work. You should have bought my Donahoes when you had the chance:cowfrown:

Yes, I was one of the stock fj's that made it through eagle lakes. I have to tell you, you will most likely hear some clanging from the stock skid plates. If you choose your lines carefully, I bet you can avoid all contact with your underside. I had learned that the hard way.

!! you sold your donahoes? why and what do you have now?

·
C4B_Rocks
762 Posts
Yes all stockies will make it through eaglelakes and like what pit said there are bypass trails to go around the difficult spots, last time we went it was a bit hairy due to the snow. but when we go it will be better and more traction. If anyone needs assistance on getting through some obstacles we can spot you guys...:rocker::rocker::bandit:

BTW for the FJ's that went with us to Hollister when I lead the trail the trails that I've picked are more difficult then eagle lakes and we had stock FJ's with us at Hollister.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You should have bought my Donahoes when you had the chance:cowfrown:
Yeah yeah yeah.... Next time try to not to make the off in the middle of December..... Christmas x (kid + wife)= NO DO's for daddy

Great news!! in that case we are a definite !! Let me know if I can do anything to give ya a hand..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Alright, count me in this time. I am ready, but... something is wrong here with Dapit... a 4 day weekend but you go only 2 days??? Hmmmm...
I am ready for 3 going up there on Saturday, so if any one wants to meet up, on Saturday let me know and we can then all meet the rest of you guys for the Sunday/Monday run.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright, count me in this time. I am ready, but... something is wrong here with Dapit... a 4 day weekend but you go only 2 days??? Hmmmm...
I am ready for 3 going up there on Saturday, so if any one wants to meet up, on Saturday let me know and we can then all meet the rest of you guys for the Sunday/Monday run.
I have a bunch of crap to do that I've been putting off but definately go on Saturday and I'll meet up with you guys.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
This sounds like fun. The wife and I will be about an hour and a half away that weekend so we might come up on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Alright then.
Just to let everyone know... it will be full blown mosquito season up there, so be ready.
Blood suckers are everywhere !! I had gotten this little thing from Cabelas last year and I have not yet had a chance to test it out.. Its made for hunters while they are out in the bush hunting... Sounds like this will be a good test..

Wish I could make it on Saturday with you but I have got plans that day so
I will see you on Sunday !!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Damn man,

Can't tell you how nice it would be to go on this trip. I'm from NorCal originally living in Utah. True Moab isn't too far, but damn I miss the Sierras and would be sweet to go wheeling up there.

Good luck and hopefully most of that snow is melted now!!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.