Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Man I wish all that rain would come down here !! As long as they get the fire under control I am in.. it will be an adventure!!! If it is raining the wife may not want to come but I will cross that bridge when I come to it..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looks like I got my dates wrong. We're not checking into our hotel in Stateline until Sunday, so I won't be able to make it up for this run. I was soooo looking forward to hitting the trails again.

Have fun, be safe.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hi Yo... so you're just doing a day run? or camping Sunday night?

Looks like:
DaPit
Boss73
Cruizin4Bruzin
HiYo
[email protected]
PotatoM ??
Sp33dstar
CA Annie & Moab FJ
Norcalsvx
Ti Bullet

and some ttora folks

Today May 24
Rain / Thunder
Rain / Thunder
43°/33°
chance of precip 70%

Rain early...then remaining cloudy with thundershowers developing by afternoon. Cold. High 43F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

Sun May 25
Scattered T-Storms
Scattered T-Storms
49°/33°
Chance of precip 60%

A few showers in the morning with scattered thunderstorms arriving in the afternoon. High 49F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Mon May 26

Showers
Showers
53°/34°
Chance of precip 30%

Tue May 27
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
58°/34°
Chance of precip 20%

How can you have 'Thunderstoms' and only 1/2" of rain? That doesnt seem too bad to me...

·
Registered
875 Posts
This is the map from the ttora site, daPit linked on page one. Is this a fairly accurate map of what we'll be running?

I cant find any other reference to Eagle Lakes trail. Just wondering...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
my buddy and i are in.

eagle lakes is at the indian springs ohv area past emigrant gap and before cisco grove. the trail is part of/springs off of fordyce and signal peak.

i'm crashing in auburn tonight, so i'll probably meet you guys in the morning at one of the gas stations in the fast food capital of the world.

·
Registered
875 Posts
We've been looking at all the weather, and it doesnt look like there will be a lot of rain, less than an inch spread over an entire day. We can deal with that!

Ray, I'll PM you with my cell.

We're at San Pablo Dam Road, so just call us when you get near El Cerrito, and we'll jump up on 80 and hook up with you guys.

We'll have FRS set on 7/31.

:cheers:

·
Registered
676 Posts
WOO HOO!! this is gonna be a great run!! :rocker: i can feel it in my bones!! :eek:ld: I also feel 60% chance of precipitation and scattered thunderstorms in my bones!! Ghost story-tellin time!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Between the grocery, liquor stores and wally-world, it'da been cheaper to go to a swank hotel and eat out :rofl:...

Really looking forward to this! - A

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Folks,

I am in, I am a noob with a basically stock FJ that I bought a few months ago and think this run be a great learning experience for me. Not sure if I'll camp out since the wife is out of town, weather is iffy, and I'll be solo.

Really looking forward to checking out the action and everyone else's FJ's.

See ya,
Paul

·
Registered
141 Posts
nice pics, looks like it was fun wish i could of made it up there.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great pic Alan!!! Great to see you again. Thanks for the help again...

What a great place to camp !! just beautiful site, and the rain did not really dampen the spirits too much.

I cannot wait to see the rest of the pics from the weekend.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks to everyone, it was great meeting all of you and I had a great time.

Really looking forward to the next run......

Nice pics Alan. Too bad the batteries in your camera died part way up the Fordyce trail, there were some great views and fantastic wheeling up there.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.