Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a custom car audio shop yesterday & was talking to the owner about a system for my FJ. He alerted me that Memphis Audioo has just come out with a new low profile 10" subwoofer that would fit our doors? Does anyone have these? Im thinking of going this route so I dont loose any trunk space. Im not sur ehow much they go for yet as it is a brand new product but ill keep everyone posted as I learn more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? i doubt it, memphis makes good stuff. I gaurentee my set-up will **** on yours.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh goody, here we go with the macho posturing...
I think the terms of use say you have to at least act 18 to be on here :bandit:

·
Registered
83 Posts
lol... "low profile" you'd be better off going with a 8" sub in your door than this so called "low-profile" Memphis 10" sub.
Do you ever have anything positive to offer?:jester:

Guess we will need to see what this new speaker looks like and if he was blowing smoke or not. Keep us up to date, especially if you make the install.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate arguing on the internet....especially when its uncalled for to begin with. Ill shut the hater up when I post pictures of my truck. Not yet though, but soon. Ill post pics of the install. Im just waiting for them to come in so I can take a look at them. 2 memphis 10's are better than 2 kicker 12's. Keep in mind Im not trying to go for huge bass....just something that bumps. If I was goin for competition id have a blazer with 4-15's but ive been there done that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds interesting, but what doors do you want to install them in?
You could just get a wicked cas box and install it in the factory spot.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I hate arguing on the internet....especially when its uncalled for to begin with. Ill shut the hater up when I post pictures of my truck. Not yet though, but soon. Ill post pics of the install. Im just waiting for them to come in so I can take a look at them. 2 memphis 10's are better than 2 kicker 12's. Keep in mind Im not trying to go for huge bass....just something that bumps. If I was goin for competition id have a blazer with 4-15's but ive been there done that.
i hate to be nasty on the forums but this is needed.

let me teach you a thing or two. the first thing: dont come on this board and try to talk about car audio like this. the second thing: i am the master of all things car audio related, so listen closely.

the woofers in the doors wont have a proper enclosure. they wont sound halfway decent or get loud. shallow woofers still need an enclosure. brand A in size X cant be compared to brand B is size Y. it just doesnt work. memphis isnt a great brand. kicker isnt great either, but i can get both to sound pretty much the same.

keep it classy or you will join to banned graveyard with previous audio punks.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Oh goody, here we go with the macho posturing...
I think the terms of use say you have to at least act 18 to be on here :bandit:
i work with this 18 year old that would make you change your mind about acting 18.

but then again, he is a "grown ass man, fool" i hate that stuff, but i bite my tongue because it would get me nowhere with him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Im going to put them in the doors in a custom fiberglass enclosure w/dynomat. Its going to be a total custom job so ill just post pics when its all said & done. I dont bump mike jones so Im not trying to break sound barriers here. Just clean it up a bit with something no one has. Trendsetter homie

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Im going to put them in the doors in a custom fiberglass enclosure w/dynomat. Its going to be a total custom job so ill just post pics when its all said & done. I dont bump mike jones so Im not trying to break sound barriers here. Just clean it up a bit with something no one has. Trendsetter homie
there is a reason no one else has it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
can you please explain what makes one speaker better than another? What makes 2 10's sound better than 2 12's? Also, I am confused. I don't understand that you don't want huge bass, you just want it to bump? As I have always understood it that you need huge power and speakers to make it bump. Is huge bass like," I can drive in Los Angeles and people in Scottsdale, Az can hear it" and is bumping," like I can drive on the street, be stopped at a light and 20 cars in all directions can feel and hear it". Thanks or am I missing something? I am not a hater. I just don't understand car audio like you do. :wave:

·
Banned
338 Posts
really? i doubt it, memphis makes good stuff. I gaurentee my set-up will **** on yours.
Memphis made good stuff back in 2000, now they are a value market speaker\subwoofer maker, nothing special. If you are using these little 10" "low-profile" subwoofers and expect them to hold a candle to what I have...then I get to laugh.

Sorry that I made you all hurt because I said it's and silly to consider putting a 10" Sub in your door when 8" barely work in there. But really, if you are doing 10" subs in the doors (shallow at that) then I would assume you aren't planning on putting any in the rear, so please, enlighten me as to how you get the image that you're setup is going to "****" all over mine? I can't wait to see this "setup" much less ever hear it, no matter what you do those subs will never sound as good as sub in a proper BOX filling the rear.

My subs pound fine and even with triple layers of dynamat on the doors, floor, panels, and every piece of plastic it STILL will rattle it. The video I am posting was taken a few days ago before I ripped out my headliner and dynamatted it.

Dual MTX 7500 (old school) 1.3k watts
Lil Jon - Throw It Up

Subs in the door are not going to hit anywhere near that clean, or hard, face it. On top of that in my experience MDF enclosures are far better than Fiberglassed enclosures.

The Memphis S-Class sub woofers are made for people who want a light-weight sub and don't have much space to spare. Go ahead and do it, but it's very foolish and stupid to say "Mine will **** all over yours..." And you don't seem to know what you're saying, or at least how to say it... You say "10" Memphis subs are better than 12" kickers" mind explaining? Wouldn't it be more logical to say "10" memphis subs are better than 10" kicker subs"? Kickers are crap in general, but a 12" is going to hit deeper than a 10" and I was damn suprised when I upgraded to 12" subs, as they hit EVERY BEAT that my previous 10"'s hit and every note that my buddies W6 10" hit, and of course more on the low-end. As Briman said, there is a reason no one has done 10" shallow sub in the door.

But, back to the what you said orignally, please explain to me how you're little shallow mount Memphis subs are going to "****" all over my setup? Quite curious.

And btw, I'll have a new video at the end of this week as I am getting the upgraded TR7500's in a much bigger enclosure.

Oh and Traakon, sry mate, I'm very "blunt" and to the point. He was taking about putting a 10" sub in the door, so I flat out told him that it's silly and won't sound good in there. Regardless of what custom "fiber-glass" work he pays someone to do, it'll never sound as good as in a box. Some people like him refer to anyone who puts down their "ideas" as a "hater"....I can't wait for him to post pictures of his truck so I can laugh harder now that he is portraying himself as a bad ***. Now that I read that he actually said "trendsetter homie" I realize that I was criticizing a wall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts