Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Admin
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone has a great holiday season with lots of family and friends and FOOD! :lol:

Drive safe everyone.
I already pulled someone out of the ditch on the Trans-Canada (he let his girlfriend drive and she fell asleep :rofl:). They ended up WAY into the middle between the roads.
No pics unfortunately.
I pulled them closer to the edge of the road with my winch then sped things up by using the tow strap at the end. No damage on either party.

Take care everyone.... hope Santa is good to you!

:rocker::cheers::rocker::wave:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
21 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS Have a great holiday weekend! :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
I hope everyone has a great holiday season with lots of family and friends and FOOD! :lol:

Drive safe everyone.
I already pulled someone out of the ditch on the Trans-Canada (he let his girlfriend drive and she fell asleep :rofl:). They ended up WAY into the middle between the roads.
No pics unfortunately.
I pulled them closer to the edge of the road with my winch then sped things up by using the tow strap at the end. No damage on either party.

Take care everyone.... hope Santa is good to you!

:rocker::cheers::rocker::wave:
Merry Xmas
Good deed done during the festive season - I am sure it was appreciated.

·
Admin
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they were coming from Alberta, stuck in Sask, and still having to drive to MB..... so that would have really sucked if they had to wait hours for a tow truck and pay as well!

I have no doubt anyone else on this forum would have leapt at the chance to lend a hand as well.

Lots of cars stopped... it was a team effort... I couldn't have done it as safely as I did without the help of everyone who stopped. There was one guy that was stopped further up the road in his car and stopped traffic for me to get them out of the ditch safely, another watching the winch cable and recovery strap. I had a few gmrs radios so we all stayed in constant contact.

My wife isn't complaining about my big recovery bag full of straps and d-shackles anymore ;)

Not one horn honked and everyone was in good spirits.... even on the extremely busy winter multi-lane highway.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Well done mate. Merry Xmas. Gotta love having a winch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts