Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Mark, should the Metaltech Front and Rear bumpers accept 3/4" D-Ring shackles? Like the Smitty

Amazon.com: Smittybilt 13047B 3/4" Black D-Ring: Automotive

Yes. 3/4" is the industry standard and they work well with all of our bumpers. You can see below on our FJC front bumpers winch mounts, we mechanically lock the pull points to the lower beam of the winch mount. Not only is there 4x the welded surface for each pull point, its locked in place. Would be cheaper to just weld a pull tab on, but since we actually wheel what we build performance is first. Same goes for the fact our pull points are one solid laser cut piece of steel, not two thin ones welded together to "look" thick.

Attachments

·
Registered
937 Posts
Crap I missed this. I just ordered a Metal Tech front bumper and tube doors on 2/26 from the Metal Tech site. I bought the bumper with the bash plate, not the winch bumper though. Can you use a winch on a bash plate bumper when the bash plate is taken off?
If we put the bash plate bumpers on sale and they hit the numbers order wise with in 30 days of your order, you will get the price retro. To date this GB for the free winches with winch mount bumpers ordered, has not hit the required 10 yet. We have to have at least 10 ordered for this GB price to work. All of our front FJC bumpers are still at the $950 price. We do the price guarantee so anyone can order with confidence they are getting the lowest price in a 30 day time frame of their order.

Bash plate bumpers:

I second that! I already have the rear tube bumper from Metal Tech, but ive been waiting on a group buy for the front with a bash plate!

Is that a possibility Metal Tech?
I'd be in for a bash!
We will look at doing a separate GB soon, but for now we need to let this one roll.

Mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm very interested but I have a couple of questions. How difficult is the install for 1 person? More importantly, I'm stock suspension right now. Can I mount this without a suspension upgrade? I'm willing to just mount the bumper only for now if that is possible. (Assuming I need to upgrade suspension).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm very interested but I have a couple of questions. How difficult is the install for 1 person? More importantly, I'm stock suspension right now. Can I mount this without a suspension upgrade? I'm willing to just mount the bumper only for now if that is possible. (Assuming I need to upgrade suspension).
You can easily install this bumper on your own. You can use your stock suspension but it will sag out a little due to the extra weight of the winch mount and winch.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hardest part of installing a Metal-tech 4x4 bumper is taking the stock bumper off. Very easy to install by one person. Since our winch mount is not part of the bumper, you are never lifting anything heavy. With the winch mount fully installed on the truck, you then place the winch on its mount. Nothing is in your way when you do that. (The winch is the heaviest part of the install)

The bumper with out the winch is no problem for the stock suspension. Its when you add the 85lbs winch that you will see the front drop. This is where running a winch with synthetic line on the winch would be very helpful as that winch weighs in at 60lbs.

NOTE: Had no idea LT was responding as well. I will leave my response up since its better.

Mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds good. Thinking about ordering but wondering if you reached the minimum yet? Would a Toytec 3" leveling kit (spacer lift) work well with this combo or do I need new coils? Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
any ideas how much shipping is gonna cost if its going to Point Roberts, Wa 98281
all I gotta do is sweet talk the girlfriend into it now! :lol:

·
Registered
152 Posts
as it stands it looks like 3 have been ordered.
Hurry up guys, I think I was order number 1 and I am getting antsy....:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
any ideas how much shipping is gonna cost if its going to Point Roberts, Wa 98281
FYI: It was $101 to ship to Seattle when I got mine in December ...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Our website is now set up to quote truck freight so feel free to get an estimate up to WA. It should be around $115 to ship up there or we are 3 hours south of Seattle if you want to pick it up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for all the great pictures. They answered many of my questions.
I am wondering on the front skid, seems like the stock is not the answer, is they one that matches up with this bumper?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thanks for all the great pictures. They answered many of my questions.
I am wondering on the front skid, seems like the stock is not the answer, is they one that matches up with this bumper?
Our bumpers fit outstanding with Budbuilt skids. We also STOCK Budbuilt skids here and can combine shipping with a bumper. We bring in the skids raw and have them get powder coated by the same coater we use of the bumpers. Dead match for color of course but also the MT process for powder coating. (Sandblast, dip, bake, double powder coat, bake)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Are you still only at 3 orders? Saw there's another GB for bumpers and that winches are on sale, so that combo is pretty similar in price to this GB deal.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts