Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Standard fair at Metal-tech 4x4, customer dropped off his 07' for a 4:88 re-gear, front ARB air locker, compressor and some Total Chaos spindle gussets why its torn down.

No known issues just drives his truck on road but some off road. Look what was in his rear diff! This is a LARGE chuck of a ring gear tooth. Yes we all know the pre- 02/07 manufacture date 07's have week rear ring gears and countless number have died on the trail.

But this is the first major failure that did not take out the whole ring gear we have seen. Normally this chuck would be sucked back up though the ring and pinion and finish off the gear set. [shameless plug] we stock the full Nitro Gear line up to re-gear all FJC's[/shameless plug]

This guy was sooooooo lucky! He needs to go buy a lottery ticket.

Mark

Metaltech 4x4 Protection Evolved

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Wow! You got me shaking in my boots...I have a Sept 06' build and wheel pretty hard with 35's and a bunch of weight. Wonder why I haven't toasted mine yet. I want to re-gear to 4:56 but I can't justify the need...I still have great pwr and I can drop it in to Drive on the highway out of overdrive and my rpms are not to high and It dosen't down shift...My gas mileage stays decent this way...

·
Registered
11 Posts
holy hell! that is mind blowing that the ring gear was not destroyed! I wonder how long that chunk was like that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts