Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, so I just bought and added this bumper about 1.5 months ago, but I'm getting married next month and with a longer commute we have chosen to dump the FJ for a MINI.

I am selling my Metal Tech Bumper complete with bash plate, winch plate and 4 lights for $800, that's $500 off ordering it from Metal Tech.

(Houston residents only please, and I need to keep your plastic bumper, with all the screws, so i can trade it in with a bumper, lol).

I also have Rock Rails that i will sell for $250

Bumper

Chris Fritsche
770-893-8181
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Re: Metal Tech Bumper for sale (with 4 lights)

PM Fingas74, I bet he'd be interested.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Yes, I will post a few more tonight, could you make a trip to get it, with work and wedding stuff, i would not be able to get away to drive to Dallas. It would take about 2.5 hours to swap out the bumpers if you did it down here.

I also have a custom made gear box in the back with 2 large drawers to camping, climbing, towing and other toys to live when in your truck, lol
I'd throw that in for another $100 (and I'll post pictures of it tonight as well)

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts

I also have a custom made gear box in the back with 2 large drawers to camping, climbing, towing and other toys to live when in your truck, lol
I'd throw that in for another $100 (and I'll post pictures of it tonight as well)
YOUR KILLIN ME BRAH! Saweet deals, I'm jealous of someone soon. :rocker:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts

Folks, I am going to move this to the FS forum.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In my case I would not choose my truck over my wife to be... the truck is nice... BUT it is not AWESOME.... she is!!!!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
After viewing a few of your pixs, looks like there was no prob with the FJ while dating. Think of all the places you went in the FJ. Think of how few you will be able to reach in a Mini. Also, have you seen pixs of a Mini after a wreck? Not near as safe as the FJ. The Mini might be fun for a couple of months then...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just some numbers that weren't really important before starting a family:

Miles to work: 24
Total Miles a day: 48
FJ Tank size: 19 gal
Price to fill Up: $80.75
Average miles per tank: 265
Tanks of gas per week: 1.25 (weekend travels included)
Tanks of gas per month: 5
Amount per month on gas: $403.75

Miles to work: 24
Total Miles a day: 48
MINI Tank size: 11.1 gals
Price to fill Up: $41
Average miles per tank: 455
Tanks of gas per week: .6 (weekend travels included)
Tanks of gas per month: 2.4
Amount per month on gas: $98.5

Let's see: $403 for gas or $98.5........ hum.... that's a hard one, lol
that's a $3600 savings a year on gas alone, lol
Looks like we can go on that cruise now, or vacation, or buy that flat panel, or whatever else we decide to do.

I have put the FJ through a lot and had fun doing it, but now is a different chapter, and the MINI is the ONLY car I've ever been interested in.... i know it will be fun for more than a week.
Before I was able to drive "over" things.... now I can drive "around" things and fast!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Man. I'm with you on the pain. I'm 80 miles a day on mine. Mini's are a blast to drive, but the streets of Houston and the suspension of a Mini don't work well together. If you're a highway driver, no biggie, but the side roads will eat your lunch. My head hurts after riding in my friends Mini in Houston.

But the fun of driving it, has kept him from selling it. Not many cars these days that sit you that close to the ground. Reminds me of riving the old MG's.

Have Fun, whatever you do. I'd buy the MetalTech, but Exxon has all of my spending money at the moment... ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So we got the bumper sold and installed , as well as the buyers stock bumper attached back on my FJ. We have a 3 month wait until the configured MINI arrives and I can drive it :-( but it gives me time to sink more money into the FJ, lol (to get the balance paid down)

She let me pick the Model 2009 MINI Cooper S, and in return she got to pick the color, lol (a good trade off), lol

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Nice Mini, you'll be back once the first kid pops out and more room is needed.

I two have a killer commute 60 mile round trip and figured instead of selling the FJ. I considered getting a mini, Honda hybrid, prius but squashed that idea and settled for the bus.

Cost per day to take the bus $3.15

Total cost to commute a month $63

Total times I fill up the FJ "Once a month".

Keeping my FJ instead of getting a mini "priceless"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts