Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I hope someone from the forum more experienced purchasing from Metal Tech or perhaps a representative from Metal Tech can assist me (with my order)?

I am getting a comprehensive build done to my FJ: roof rack, suspension, wheels, vinyl wrapping, drawers and metal tech front and rear bumpers along with sliders.

My order with Metal Tech was placed over two months ago. While I understand that there maybe be delays due to the current global situation, I am at a loss for the lack of transparency and communication that the build team has received from Metal Tech. Apparently, that is, to say, zero.

Besides having excellent products, one of the reasons, I chose Metal Tech was because of their customer service. This former Oregonian is remiss, considering all the products appear to be in stock and available for immediate purchase.

What has everyone else's experience been? Can someone from Metal Tech reach out to me?

I hope this gets resolved, and I wish to show everyone my build when it is complete :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Have you called them? Ask for Mark, the owner. He will talk your ear off.
503-822-1111

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can confirm Mark will talk your ear off, very knowledgeable and very helpful. I honestly have not had a problem with Metaltech, I recently ordered upper links and rear shocks for my long travel. I usually Emailed them from the order confirmation email and they always got back to me within a couple of days. I also had to wait a bit for my parts but I knew that ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I just purchased a rear bumper from them and I had it delivered within 2 weeks. I do know that some of their stuff is backordered and that may be what is causing delays.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My heartfelt thanks to everyone,

I never did get to chat with Mark (as he was out of the office). Matt was able to assist and I should have my entire order early next month. Thanks Matt!

Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Both my Icon stage 5 and MT sliders sat in Waiting Fulfilment until I called them. Turns out they were in the shipping queue even though I had marked them for pickup. Once I called and talked to a human, everything was available quick. They mentioned they were behind a couple weeks on shipments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts