Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Metal Tech 4x4 for the first time is offering a group buy on our FJ Cruiser sliders. We now have 3 different variations to choose from, Step Sliders, 2 Stage Rub Rail, Mini Bump. To start this off the sliders will be discounted $50 and if we receive 10 orders we will discount the sliders down by $100.

This group buy will end on June 30th, 2011 and at that time we will be shipping everyone's order out depending on inventory based on the amount of sales. To be apart of this group buy, you will need to place your order online with the coupon code and the web store will capture your order. We do not bill until we ship your product. Your order will show a $1 discount and that will be adjusted at the close off date of the group buy based on the amount of orders received.

To receive the group buy price use coupon code: RockRash

For shipping we can send these sliders out by UPS, however the web store is only calculating for one box. If you need an accurate shipping quote please email [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
awesome. ordering 2 stage rub rail. just what i was looking for!

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
How does the Stage 2 rub rail compare to the old version? Is the forward part of the rub rail basically the same as before with the rear 'kick' extending even further out? I really liked the first version, and the distance it extended out from the vehicle all along its long. I'd guess you'd might call it 'Stage 1' now, but I don't see them on the website anymore.
Thanks to Paul Thompson for the great pic - http://www.lastgreatroadtrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sliderwithrubrail.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
To start this off the sliders will be discounted $50 and if we receive 10 orders we will discount the sliders down to $100.
I think you meant down by $100! If it is down to $100 I'll take one set of each!!!

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does the Stage 2 rub rail compare to the old version? Is the forward part of the rub rail basically the same as before with the rear 'kick' extending even further out? I really liked the first version, and the distance it extended out from the vehicle all along its long. I'd guess you'd might call it 'Stage 1' now, but I don't see them on the website anymore.
Thanks to Paul Thompson for the great pic - http://www.lastgreatroadtrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sliderwithrubrail.jpg
We made the first part of the rub rail sit even closer to the slider body and the kick out is roughly the same distance as the old style. We have decided to no longer offer the full single rub rail unless specifically requested when doing a production run.

I think you meant down by $100! If it is down to $100 I'll take one set of each!!!
Noted, thank you :D

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Damn it LT.....I already bought the Icon 6-7" coil overs plus the TC UCA's today....now it seems that I need a new set of sliders!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
damn LT... not that it was on my to buy list for your sliders in the near future... :( but i think ill be in for a mini bump slider... $400 you cant go wrong...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Why are the 'step sliders' more expensive than the 'step sliders with mini bump'?

Am I missing something on the descriptions? Seems it would be the other way around...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is there any reason why the mini bump is $50 cheaper than the step sliders, when it appears that the mini bump is a step slider with an additional tube?

[edit]Whoops, Sinerasis got to it first.[/edit]

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
well no need in questioning price and get what you want

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am interested but... would you ship to Australia? Any idea what the cost would be? I'd expect very expensive?
We can ship to Australia but the biggest deal breaker is the shipping cost. We need to find a distributor down there that would be willing to purchase a large quantity of our items to be shipped by ocean freight.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
wow good job guys... couldnt keep your mouths shut...

im out unless youll honor the price listed previous...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sat down on Monday to order the slider w/mini bump. The shopping cart automatically add a second pair of sliders w/2 stage. You cannot delete them. The shopping cart is configured incorrectly for this item by the administrator. I figured that I would call them on Tuesday. I also noticed that the links for the privacy and security section just have the default message that "your policy information goes here". The link for "About Metaltech", blank also.
Starting to wonder about who I am doing business with here.
I fired up the PC on Tuesday and I see that the sliders I wanted are now $100 more.
Put my CC away. This "deal" just might not happen for me.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
I sat down on Monday to order the slider w/mini bump. The shopping cart automatically add a second pair of sliders w/2 stage. You cannot delete them. The shopping cart is configured incorrectly for this item by the administrator. I figured that I would call them on Tuesday. I also noticed that the links for the privacy and security section just have the default message that "your policy information goes here". The link for "About Metaltech", blank also.
I fired up the PC on Tuesday and I see that the sliders I wanted are now $100 more.
These guys are stand-up. I've been to the shop at an open house. Give them a chance, they will take care of you and you won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
I cant say anything about how their website behaves for others but I did not have any issues with ordering their 2 stage sliders online. But there is an issue with ordering the mini bump slider.

I have personally visited the shop and talked with Mark for a couple of hours when I randomly dropped in to learn more about modding my new 2011 FJ and check out their shop. Im planning on going down there on 6/10 and they will be doing some upgrades for me.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sorry for the confusion on both the 2 stage slider being slaved to the mini bump and the incorrect price. I have fixed the problem with the 2 stage rub rail showing up with the mini bump. As for the incorrect price it was a honest mistake that I couldn't correct till today since I was out of town for the weekend. With the group buy pricing the mini bump will be discounted down to $500. For those who have already placed their order we will honor the older price.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow good job guys... couldnt keep your mouths shut...

im out unless youll honor the price listed previous...
Suck it up, princess, we were just trying to clarify on something that didn't make sense. Sounds like LT is standing up for something that he might not have had any control over.

I'll probably be down for a set, how many do we have now?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Suck it up, princess, we were just trying to clarify on something that didn't make sense. Sounds like LT is standing up for something that he might not have had any control over.

I'll probably be down for a set, how many do we have now?
no need to call names, least you could do is man up on making it a bad deal for the rest of us...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.