Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Metal-tech will be having an open house at the shop Feb 26th 2011.

We wanted to get the date out there and will have more on the activity's to come.

Planning:
Tech demonstrations
RTI ramp
Product Give Aways
Welding demo's (put a hood and and give it a try)
R/C off road truck racing

Food:
BBQ - real BBQ! We will be smoking up 32 lbs of brisket (4 whole briskets) 18hrs of smoking each. Maybe some baby back ribs. W/ hamburgers for when the good stuff runs out.

Formal time's to come.

Plan on coming out and bring your truck!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only a 36 hour drive to get there from Houston :mecry:. Be sure to post up pictures Mark!
:boohoo:

Fly in with Nick! We can show you around town a bit. :cheers: Shoot I will be in Houston NEXT week, then again in Feb. the week before our open house! Least you can do is visit Portland Oregon one time, right?

Mark

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Only a 36 hour drive to get there from Houston :mecry:. Be sure to post up pictures Mark!
I can be there in 32 hours from OKC, just a bit under 2000 miles each way..

Where did you say the link was to enter the drawing to win two round trip tickets from any where in the Continental US to the Metal Tech party?

Otherwise, please post lots of pictures....

And I still had questions about the Top Gear adventure!

-C

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
if i come that weekend... and buy my metal tech bumper via GB can i pick it up and install that day???

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Food:
BBQ - real BBQ! We will be smoking up 32 lbs of brisket (4 whole briskets) 18hrs of smoking each. Maybe some baby back ribs. W/ hamburgers for when the good stuff runs out.
Man Mark, all these trips to the South have influenced your pallet! BBQ in Oregon...who'd a thunk it?

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Also, when in Houston, try either Pappasito's Mexican food restaurant or Lupe's. If you don't like mexican food, let me know. I lived there for 26 years; I know all the spots.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i come that weekend... and buy my metal tech bumper via GB can i pick it up and install that day???
Yes! We would need to do the install after the event but no problem.

Man Mark, all these trips to the South have influenced your pallet! BBQ in Oregon...who'd a thunk it?
You have no idea! I have tasted REAL BBQ and the only place it exists in Oregon I have access to is when it comes off my own grill. Did two tri-tip's just yesterday.

It will be tasty at the open house!

Mark

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
haha no biggie but im looking forward to meeting some cool guys thanks mark!

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
You have no idea! I have tasted REAL BBQ and the only place it exists in Oregon I have access to is when it comes off my own grill. Did two tri-tip's just yesterday.

It will be tasty at the open house!

Mark
If you want good bbq while in Houston, try Goode Company BBQ. The jalapeno cheese bread that comes with their meals is great as well.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Leaving Seattle heading down to the Open House... woot woot... can't wait to see you guys again. You're the best!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
leaving seattle 8am to make it to this too... we should caravan back up haha

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
How was it?
There's a post on the NWFJCC.com forum about the pics being posted up on 'facebook' - but you're sh1t-outta-luck if you don't sign up for a facebook account you can't view them. Just what I need - another account I gotta sign-in to. NO THANKS!

I understand that a good time was had by those who attended - it was just toooooooooo damned cold out for my liking (31 degrees).

Hopefully somebody'll wise-up and post some photos here.

Jerry:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
There's a post on the NWFJCC.com forum about the pics being posted up on 'facebook' - but you're sh1t-outta-luck if you don't sign up for a facebook account you can't view them. Just what I need - another account I gotta sign-in to. NO THANKS!

I understand that a good time was had by those who attended - it was just toooooooooo damned cold out for my liking (31 degrees).

Hopefully somebody'll wise-up and post some photos here.

Jerry:cheers:
I hear you, call me an old fart (only 32)...but I have no interest in a facebook account.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts