Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got a Toytec spacer and spring lift on my FJ, but would like to put a MetalTech tube bumper with bash plate on it too. Right now my rig sits just about even, but I was wondering if the bumper would cause my nose to sag. I dont want to put a different lift on, since I just got this one. I know that the bumper is available with aluminum and steel bash plate options, does anyone know the weight difference between the two?
Thanks for all your help!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
If you're wanting to know the weight difference between the steel & aluminum bash plate, shoot an email to MT & they can answer that for you.

You didn't specify what type of coil springs you bought (light or medium, etc), but you should be fine with no or very little sag with just the bash plate. The winch mount option is heavier, & adding a winch will add significant weight. Then, you would have to consider upgrading to head stiffer springs.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Ah, just spacers up front I see. You might be able to get them to hold the bumper and perhaps the aluminum bash plate, but probably not much more than that (unless you upgrade the springs to either OME 884's or 885's).

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
The MT tube bumper is 19 lbs heavier than stock... I don't have a weight on the aircraft aluminum bash plate. grab some weights and stack them (carefully) on the bumper and you'll get a sense of the sag... The bumper's weight will stick out a little further but you should get a good idea.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,819 Posts
19lbs heavier then stock... but what is the weight of the stock?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts