Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Since I'm moving to the Santa Fe area in a few weeks from Ohio, I'd love to meet up with some FJ peeps in NM. I'll need to learn where the places to wheel are and could use some direction as I'm fairly new to wheeling. Would be great if there was a place to start getting together where we can make fun of jeeps that are always breaking down or vehicles that are Found On Road Dead...
You are going to love how easy it is to go to some nice wheeling areas. If you are in Rio Rancho, be sure to check out the Rio Peurco Canyon west of Rio Rancho. It can get busy sometimes and not technically challenging but cool high desert scenery. ;) In Tijeras Canyon, there used to a trail called Cedro Peak. Took my jeep up there once but not sure if it's still open or not.

Wish I still lived in Albuquerque, I'm from there and did a lot of 4 wheeling around the area. I'll be heading out there again over Thanksgiving, maybe we can get some people together for a holiday run. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
You are going to love how easy it is to go to some nice wheeling areas. If you are in Rio Rancho, be sure to check out the Rio Peurco Canyon west of Rio Rancho. It can get busy sometimes and not technically challenging but cool high desert scenery. ;) In Tijeras Canyon, there used to a trail called Cedro Peak. Took my jeep up there once but not sure if it's still open or not.

Wish I still lived in Albuquerque, I'm from there and did a lot of 4 wheeling around the area. I'll be heading out there again over Thanksgiving, maybe we can get some people together for a holiday run. ;)
I am really enjoying it here. Tried to reach Heart Caves near Black Mesa, but since it was just me, I didn't chance one section. will have to head back there with a few others when it dried up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was just curious if there was any interest in starting a local club. Nothing so formal that it needs by laws and such, just something where people with FJs can get together have breakfast (or not) and hit the dirt. There is a lot of good offroading surrounding ABQ and Rio Rancho, but hardly see FJs out there.

PS> maybe we can just make it a Toyota thing... doesn't matter to me
Hey im down for some riding around if you guys are still up for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, We are interested. We've been waiting for someone to do this. It would be nice to just meet up sometimes at some of the breweries or places in town. Don't drink beer but drink wine and love to eat. :)

If you come up with something, Here's our email: [email protected]

Thanks,

21 - 25 of 25 Posts