Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new FJ last week and want to swap out all five tires for a real all-terrain tire that is also reasonably decent in snow as this is a ski vehicle as well as one I'll be taking off-road in the Rockies and San Juans this summer/fall.

The two most popular choices at Tire Rack for the stock 265/70R17 size seem to be these two, the Michelin LTX AT/2 and the Bridgestone Duler A/T Revo 2, and I'm going to try and find a local shop that will give me something for the five stock tires.

Any recommendations? I've done a search and it seems a lot of people seem to like the Revo 2s, but there hasn't been much discussion of the Michelins.

Many seem happy with the Goodyear DuraTracs but they seem to have a pretty hefty mileage penalty - some have reported a drop of as much as 3 or 4 MPG.

Thanks in advance…

·
Registered
91 Posts
my family has the michelins on our 2003 acura mdx. its been driven from utah to georgia and georgia to utah a few times. its been left out in utah for entire winters. the tires do great in snow and combined with 4wd, they hold their own in ice. on road behavior is great. cant comment on dirt and mud because i havent been in any in that mom-mobile.

if i were you, i would go with the BF Goodrich All Terrains over the two you said.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had the Michelins ltx at 2 on my old ford. Great mileage, very quite, very smooth, and great road characteristics. They also performed great in sand, dirt, snow, and rock. Mud was just mediocre. Also they last FOREVER. Great all terrain in my opinion.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I pulled the trigger on a set of 5 new LTX AT/2s. (I figured odds are I'd need the spare on-trail or in the snow when the OEM Dueler would perform worst. :( )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts