Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting over a foot of snow last night I had the enjoyment of being able to play with the FJ in some nasty weather for the first time! Holy cow, 4wd is amazing. After pulling out a few of my neighbors in the apartment it seemed I had an assembly line running with my tow strap. Everyone was plowed in! I must have yanked out over 2 dozen guys in a couple hours. Good times, and geeeze 4-low with the lockers kicked in is un-freaking-believable!

Just got back in now after pulling out a couple Korean guys who I felt bad for after watching them go in for pots and pans to dig out their car. Must be visiting. Got out the strap again and gave 'em a hand. Welcome to Michigan guys!

I love my FJ!

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
It's just a shame that most cars don't have easily accessible tow points that one can use without fear of damaging expensive plastic.

PS - I've always loved the old Fastback Barracudas (and secretly the rare and almost unknown-to-most AMC Marlin fastback). :rocker:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Nice. Thanks for giving us a good FJers a good name. It's a frigid 50F here. Brrrr..

·
Admin
8,447 Posts
Representing!
Good show!

Oh, and by the way......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You want a photo? haha, I actually did take one before cleaning off the FJ this morning. The drifts just piled it all on the hood . . . at least didn't have to dig anything out , just put her in "D" and go!

Yeah I really dig my '66 Cuda, thanks man. Can't wait till spring to bring her out of storage unit hibernation.

About the tow points, it was pretty stupid. Only about half of the cars I yanked out had proper tow hookups. The rest I just found a hole in the frame rail or wrapped it around the rear axle and carefully rolled them out. Why do they even put the tow hooks on the front and not the rear? Hmmm
By the way, did anyone find the video from the weather channel online with the FJ cruiser blasting through the snow ruts in his driveway? I can't find it but would like to check it out! Drive safe everyone! Don't be like the pick-up truck drivers!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Haha that looks like fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts