Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I talked to 4 different tire shops and they all said this fit wouldn't be a problem. The more I read here, the more paranoid I get that this will be a no go. They should be delivered this week to my local shop, so luckily I can have them test it up, and if it doesn't fit I don't have to pay for it. They told me it would fit when they took the order.

From what I see there is a 50/50 chance and a little bit of luck that I may have no issues.

My questions, will a bit of grinding the caliper fix things, or should I go with 1.25" spacers?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I fit one up at the shop today. No issues. Hopefully I'm good all around and hopefully new brake pads won't screw it up later.

Guy at the shop said they clear the caliper all day long.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Lug or hub centric? A local guy got a set of MT and they were a b!tch to stay balanced with lug centric design.:cheers:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1) MT Part 368411 = 0mm Offset, 4 7/16" BS, Non-Hub Centric

2) MT Part 368412 = -22mm Offset, 3 5/8" BS, Hub Centric

From what I can tell only the second option ships with hub centric rings. The guy fitting it up took it off the wheel and said it was only for Chevy's and I wouldn't need it since the wheel is already cut to fit the hub centric Toyota.

So logic tells me I have the -22mm Offset, 3 5/8" BS Hub Centric model. The part numbers on my invoice are only specific to the shop. and not MT part numbers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called ths shop to verify, since they aren't on my truck yet.

I got the 368412, hub centric 3 5/8" BS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got them on today RUB RUB RUB. I have to bust out a grinder tomorrow and hit these body mounts. I get rub at less than full turn, and even less turn while compressing, even turning into a driveway.

The wheels fit up just fine, this is exactly the look I was going for. I love the old school "holey wheels".

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Any reason these wheels wouldn't fit a TC +2" front end, with spindle gussets?

Anyone?

I know it belongs in the newbie section, but I can't see a reason why it wouldn't, but looking for confirmation.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Hey Chris, I just think that the 3-5/8" backspace was the reason jrsmiles didn't hit his calipers. but like he said, bigtime rubbing...

With 2" long travel plus this rim offset your sitting 3.25" further out than a stock wheel. as soon as you turn on that steering wheel your tire is going to rub the inner rear fender, maybe even the truck body first...

But as for the clearance on other suspension parts I have no idea.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Hey Chris, I just think that the 3-5/8" backspace was the reason jrsmiles didn't hit his calipers. but like he said, bigtime rubbing...

With 2" long travel plus this rim offset your sitting 3.25" further out than a stock wheel. as soon as you turn on that steering wheel your tire is going to rub the inner rear fender, maybe even the truck body first...

But as for the clearance on other suspension parts I have no idea.
I don't see it being an issue with the gussets after looking at a several of TCao's pics and threads.

Trim the dust shield more aggressively, which isn't a big deal, and the additional BS beyond stock 16s, and the clearances TCao depicted with his OEM 16s, is sufficient to clear.

I'm not looking to swap, but asking for buddy, to clarify my intent.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

I fit one up at the shop today. No issues. Hopefully I'm good all around and hopefully new brake pads won't screw it up later.

Guy at the shop said they clear the caliper all day long.
New brake pads won´t affect to the caliber position, they are solid, only pistons move.

·
Registered
74 Posts
On the verge of buying a '13 TT. I was trying to get the dealer to swap on the '12 TT wheels but they won't do it. Unquestionably need black wheels on the car without the fake beadlocks, and I think these will be the call. Thanks much for the info...it sounds like I should be able to swap the TT tires onto these babies with no issues. Not too spendy either!:rocker:

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,240 Posts
On the verge of buying a '13 TT. I was trying to get the dealer to swap on the '12 TT wheels but they won't do it. Unquestionably need black wheels on the car without the fake beadlocks, and I think these will be the call. Thanks much for the info...it sounds like I should be able to swap the TT tires onto these babies with no issues. Not too spendy either!:rocker:
Even though what you said doesn't seem to have anything in common with this thread, those 2012 TT should absolutely work on the 2013. On all FJs, the bolt pattern is 6x5.5, so you could even trade out TT wheels on a normal FJ.

So yeah if you're willing to spend the $$$ and that's the look your going for, that sure, switch those wheels around! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
You can also take the fake beadlocks off or paint the rings....voila all black wheels

FJX... he said he wanted to trade for the '12 TT wheels, but they said NO, so he is looking into these MT rims

But, yes the OEM tires should go right on. May still need a body mount chop since the backspacing is less, thus pushing the wheels outward. The larger turning arc may make the tire hit! Not sure what size the OP put on them, but they certainly look larger than OEM size.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Even though what you said doesn't seem to have anything in common with this thread, those 2012 TT should absolutely work on the 2013. On all FJs, the bolt pattern is 6x5.5, so you could even trade out TT wheels on a normal FJ.

So yeah if you're willing to spend the $$$ and that's the look your going for, that sure, switch those wheels around! :bigthumb:
:rofl:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I was trying to get the dealer to deliver the car to me with the 2012 rims instead of the 13's....i.e. not pay like 2 grand for the older TRD rims. They won't do that...so I was looking for other black wheel options. I always liked the Soft 8's but they wouldn't fit my current Grand Cherokee without problems. These are somewhat soft-8 looking but a little nicer and...black! It looks like the tires that will come with the truck should fit these rims as well.

Thanks for the response though!

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can also take the fake beadlocks off or paint the rings....voila all black wheels

FJX... he said he wanted to trade for the '12 TT wheels, but they said NO, so he is looking into these MT rims

But, yes the OEM tires should go right on. May still need a body mount chop since the backspacing is less, thus pushing the wheels outward. The larger turning arc may make the tire hit! Not sure what size the OP put on them, but they certainly look larger than OEM size.
Gotcha, thanks. I will get under there once I get the truck and take a look at what needs to be chopped. I crammed the absolute maximum size tire that would fit under the stock suspension on my Grand and wound up taking a bit of a chunk out of the fender....I knew it was rubbing but I didn't think it was rubbing where it took the chunk!

But yea...so i learned my lesson...trim!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts