Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Microphone

7K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Jfriverav 
#1 ·
So I've recently installed a 2012 FJammer into my 2007 FJ, but without a built in mic I can't use Bluetooth. Does anyone know where or how I can get a mic for this thing? I've looked everywhere. Obviously it can't be a 3.5 mm Jack type, that would be easy.

Would the mic from the bluefusion units plug directly into the HU?

#2 ·
Ok, let's try this. Does anyone know which port the microphone plugs into? Let's assume the blue port is #1, then to the right is #2, bottom left is #3, and so forth.
Electronics Bumper Technology Automotive exterior Auto part

It's for this radio, the Pioneer, not the JBL.
Electronics Technology Electronic device Vehicle audio Audio equipment

I'm on a desperate mission to make the Bluetooth work for this radio in my 2007.

#11 ·
Ok, let's try this. Does anyone know which port the microphone plugs into? Let's assume the blue port is #1, then to the right is #2, bottom left is #3, and so forth. View attachment 1119307

It's for this radio, the Pioneer, not the JBL. View attachment 1119308

I'm on a desperate mission to make the Bluetooth work for this radio in my 2007.
Well, I decided to take the chance and order the steering wheel controls off eBay. It came with the controls for both sides, so I had to remove my already existing audio controls. I also ordered a microphone made by Toyota. I am proud to say that now I have fully functional factory Bluetooth for both calls and audio in my 07 FJ.
I've seen a few people on this forum say that you can't add swc to the 07 FJ's because the steering column isn't wired for it, but they are completely wrong. The controls didn't work until I hooked up the mic, then it all came together.
Keep in mind here that I'm using an FJammer from a 2012 model, so it has Bluetooth built in, I'm not saying I added it to the 2007 FJammer.

On a different note, the Pioneer unit from 2012 completely blows the 07 unit out if the water. It's louder, more clear and it really thumps the subwoofer. The 07 I could barely tell there was a sub back there.
hey man I am doing the exact same mod.. can you tell me how to get the microphone? Thanks a lot

#4 ·
From info found under 2013 6 speaker terminals - good luck
I saw this after I posted, thanks. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out. In fact, I'm even confident that I can successfully add OEM bluetooth SWC to my already existing audio controls.

#5 ·
Well, I decided to take the chance and order the steering wheel controls off eBay. It came with the controls for both sides, so I had to remove my already existing audio controls. I also ordered a microphone made by Toyota. I am proud to say that now I have fully functional factory Bluetooth for both calls and audio in my 07 FJ.
I've seen a few people on this forum say that you can't add swc to the 07 FJ's because the steering column isn't wired for it, but they are completely wrong. The controls didn't work until I hooked up the mic, then it all came together.
Keep in mind here that I'm using an FJammer from a 2012 model, so it has Bluetooth built in, I'm not saying I added it to the 2007 FJammer.

On a different note, the Pioneer unit from 2012 completely blows the 07 unit out if the water. It's louder, more clear and it really thumps the subwoofer. The 07 I could barely tell there was a sub back there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.