Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Midland 75-822 from Amazon, and it didn't seem to function at all. Wouldn't pick up any CB communication at all, no static, nothing. It did get the weather just fine, though. I RMA'd that one, and now I think I have a problem with the 2nd one... When I press the Scan button, shouldn't it continuously run through all 40 channels until it picks up a TX? When I press scan it just increments the channel by one and sits there, as if I'd pressed the channel+ button on the side of the unit. I'm just using the small antenna right now, so I'd think the likely hood of me picking up a signal for it to have locked onto out here in the 'burbs is slim.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
sounds like your squelch is set too low. turn it up until you get no static then hit the search button. have your antenna tuned (away from buildings) and see if that helps

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are you using the 12v adaptor? it seams that if you are using the 12v adaptor, you need to use a external antenna.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I just ordered this one as well. Hope it goes well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like your squelch is set too low. turn it up until you get no static then hit the search button.
That did the trick! Setting the squelch before hitting scan caused it to search as expected. Thanks!

Are you using the 12v adaptor? it seams that if you are using the 12v adaptor, you need to use a external antenna.
Yes, I am using the 12v adapter... Maybe I need to get off my butt and finish running my coax ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts