Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thought you might like to know in the absence of a factory option for cargo barriers I have been in contact with Milford Industries (make a lot of "factory" cargo barriers for many companies like Holden and Toyota) and they now have a dual position cargo barrier available for the FJ Cruiser.

Milford Industries

I have found out from Roof Rack City (RoofRack City Adelaide: Welcome) in Adelaide that the price is A$740 plus fitting - probably pay to check with a local vendor in your area.

For safety I consider a barrier a must and this is a locally produced item and is a true cargo barrier designed to stop heavy objects. Info can be found here:

Milford Industries

*** Disclaimer: I don't work for or have any affiliation with Milford or Roof Rack City Adelaide ***

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Crui5erFJ. Milford have a great reputation and it's good to see they have reacted so quickly to the FJ. :rocker:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks Cruiser, as you know I live in Adelaide and have been wondering about a barrier. Need one for my dogs, the hard part is that I need all the space when transporting stuff for work so I might look at an option of just having Dog retraints hooked up to the Tie Downs. Just don't want the dogs jumping over into the back seats and scratching and tearing my seats of the car that I don't have?

Thanks for the info on the Barrier mate!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, understand I am getting one for two reasons, keep the dogs in the back and also to keep any cargo away from my 6.5 month old in the car seat.

They do make it so that it fits in two positions so when the seats are laid down the barrier can move forward and site behind the front seats if that helps... I have the same currently in my Crummydore wagon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's interesting to know. I'm having kids soon so it's a concern to me too. I think I will go in there once I have the car and get them to show me how it will work. Their only in the city so next time I'm in I will swing past and see what else they have too.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Yeah, understand I am getting one for two reasons, keep the dogs in the back and also to keep any cargo away from my 6.5 month old in the car seat.

They do make it so that it fits in two positions so when the seats are laid down the barrier can move forward and site behind the front seats if that helps... I have the same currently in my Crummydore wagon.
You guys with kids - by the time you get your FJ's the kids will be driving their own cars! :rofl:

Seriously though, can you just move the barrier forward when you put the back seats down? I thought you would have to make up your mind at installation time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just because you sold out and got your Voodoo blue quickly doesn't mean you have to rub it in. Yeah I'm confused too, I thought it would be totally fixed in, but I will wait till I go in and see how it works at RRC.

Due in December so I hope the car comes before then!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys with kids - by the time you get your FJ's the kids will be driving their own cars! :rofl:
Was worried about the same!

Seriously though, can you just move the barrier forward when you put the back seats down? I thought you would have to make up your mind at installation time.
I might ask the question to be doubly sure, but on the Crummydore it had "quick release" type fixings on the roof and you just kind of pressed and half-turned them to remove them, extend the bottom supports strips (they still mounted to the same fixing point - hard to explain without a picture) and locked the top ones into the forward hole. Could be a bit awkward sometimes but generally took maybe 5 to 10 minutes maybe once you got used to how it all worked.

Hope it works like that - it's what I am expecting :thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Thanks Crui5erFJ :bigthumb:

·
Registered
98 Posts
With my work I deal with large parcels so I will be contantly putting the seats down once or twice a week. So this is why I thought dog belts would be better for the dogs. However once the baby comes it will be interesting to see how the dynamics change of my daily interior set up of my vehicle.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Just because you sold out and got your Voodoo blue quickly doesn't mean you have to rub it in.

LOL - I wouldn't rub it in FJAUS. Although my wife and I are heading out with another few couples and their 4x4's on Sunday for a play in the sand. Should finish up on the beach at Moore River in time for a couple of glasses of wine on the bonnet of the FJ while the sun sets over the Indian ocean. I'll post some pics of course!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might ask the question to be doubly sure
And the answer is:

"This barrier can be used in 2 positions.

It is a little different to a commodore barrier though.

When the barrier is used in the forward position it actually used extension straps from the rear anchor point. It is still easy to move though."

So both positions and easy to move between them should be OK.

·
Registered
98 Posts
LOL - I wouldn't rub it in FJAUS. Although my wife and I are heading out with another few couples and their 4x4's on Sunday for a play in the sand. Should finish up on the beach at Moore River in time for a couple of glasses of wine on the bonnet of the FJ while the sun sets over the Indian ocean. I'll post some pics of course!!

:cheers:
Geeezzz..Not rubbing it in...Glass of wine!! Sun Sets...mate you don't deserve a FJ Cruiser, sounds like your about to write a poem about one. Lol.

CruiserFJ, thanks for the info mate!:clap:

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,912 Posts
Won't Springtail ship to Canada?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yes the will but I need a barrier that will go in both locations i.e. behind rear seats and behind drivers seat. I currently own three Ridgebacks all ~90 lbs and have no kids so the back seats will be down 99% of the time. The Springtails only mounts behind the rear seats from what I've read.

Raingler net is the only option I see...other than some custom unit. Designing one wouldn't be hard but finding a fabricator to build it reasonably would be the challenge.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,912 Posts
Ah, I see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any photos of where the Milford barrier sits in the forward position?
I still want to access behind the barrier from the rear doors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anybody have any info on the anchor points for these? Do they connect to the grab rail over the driver and passenger front seats? I have the back seats removed and want the barrier to sit behind where the back seats were.. I want the 500mm or so behind the front seats for my dog and camp gear behind the barrier.. Have tried to get info from Milford but they are unable to give me any info as to how it,s installed??? What the!!! They want to charge $300 more than similar cars but can,t even tell me what brackets are supplied for fitting.. Pretty sad.. But nothing else really available..
And info would be good.. Thanks guys.. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts