Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Milkyway photoshoot ( group buy? LOL)

Hey guys I was wondering with all this Summit talk if anybody would be interested in a photo shoot Saturday night AFTER the summit raffle? ( or during the raffle if you don't want to hang around there and watch everybody else win cool stuff) I'll only be there the 18-22nd as I'm missing part of the summit this yr with my work schedule. I'm thinking for those of you who would want some milky way shots of their rig, I could do a bulk special (group buy!) and have people line up for some shots. I usually charge around $100+ for a vehicle photo shoot, but if we get enough people then I could drop it down to around $XX (PM for pricing and details). My email is [email protected] or just post or PM if this is something that sounds fun. Here is one I did of my truck and Moose's FJ last year.

Please pay by paypal- [email protected]

Here is some of my photography as well. https://www.flickr.com/photos/capturesbycolin/

Here are some of the pix from last years FJ Summit. https://www.flickr.com/photos/capturesbycolin/sets/72157645275210217

EDIT--- More nights!!!! Because of the demand I am able to go up for more days to fit more people in! I'm thinking either Wed. night and/or Thursday night. Please post if you would like to be in a group other then Saturday night or text me at 321-223-6622 for more info.

IMG_3330sm by Captures by Colin, on Flickr

IMG_3232sm by Captures by Colin, on Flickr

IMG_3328sm by Captures by Colin, on Flickr

Looks like we have enough people wanting to do this to make a list. I have a plan to make this very quick and smooth so we aren't out there ALL night. LOL

Please click here for the group text for instructions>>> https://app.groupme.com/join_group/14759332/wKztc6

1. Anna (FB) Sat night, cash
2. Bob BlackIceBob
3. Wasp Cash
4. Jack Bottorf Gremlin
5. Scott Ryan Byczynski (FB) Paid, wed
6. adam12_4 Wed night. paid
7. Old Sarge Wed night. Cash
8. Jeff Drabing (FB)
9. Runamok0023 Lisa
10. TxAggie Wed. night Cash
11. Jace Wed night cash
12. BlackCherryIce
13. Maxx
14. Chevelle FJ Wed night. cash
15. IcelineX Sat/wed Cash
16. MrHuffy PAID Sat
17. SpoilerFJ84
18. skunkworker Sat. night cash
19. Gunslinger_2-6 Wed night. paid
20. shannon67 Wed night? Cash
21. BasedFJ
22. dischnouttaspd
23. Frank Overby (email) wed. night paid
24. velociraptor PAID
25. yotes65 Wed night cash
26. Ramos Wed. night cash
27. Stewie14 Wed. night. Paid
28. baja mike Wed. night. cash
29. Couch PAID
30. Jason Demello Paid
31. Anna Louis (FB) Paid, Wed. night
32. Daniel Daoust (email) Wed night, cash
33. Jason Charles Hodges Wed night.
34. ToyTec Lifts
35. zcamarokid Sat. night. paid
36. FJ Omega Wed. night
37. Dark Side Cruiser Wed. night
38. t-rey Wed night
39. Inglorious wed night
40. BasedFJ wed night, cash
41. IcelineX Wed night cash

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
68 Posts
These are INCREDIBLE. I work in the events industry and work with photogs all the time but never with FJ's & Milkyways!!! I'd love to get in on this but I think I'll have to start driving back to Texas before the raffle starts :(

Sad I will miss this. I love these pictures... such a cool idea.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I am going & that looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Colin, very impressive. Not a hijack but a sidebar - could you post up the settings you use to get good shots of the milky way, and perhaps how you focus properly? My shots always come out slightly blurry due to focusing.

Also what is your new lens?! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Colin, very impressive. Not a hijack but a sidebar - could you post up the settings you use to get good shots of the milky way, and perhaps how you focus properly? My shots always come out slightly blurry due to focusing.

Also what is your new lens?! :bigthumb:
I got the new Tamron 15-30 UWA 2.8 for Full frame Canon 6d. I manual focus usually. 30 seconds 2.8 f stop. good tripod.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
$1200 on the JUST lens and Lord knows how much for the body and all the other goodies. It's worth well $35 for the pic.

That being said, what can you tell us about your settings and process? I don't have the camera or the lens you do, but my Canon T4i and small bag of lenses can do some neat things. What do you use to light the foreground and how much Lightroom skill is required? I have Lightroom but I really suck at it.

I wish I was going to the Summit, I'd just watch and learn.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Hell I'm in also!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I got the new Tamron 15-30 UWA 2.8 for Full frame Canon 6d. I manual focus usually. 30 seconds 2.8 f stop. good tripod.
A Canon man, very nice :bigthumb: I have the 5dMK2 and run the 16-35 L for my wide angle shots. (And a Manfrotto tripod)

I really like the 6D though. Ok back to the scheduled topic, thanks for sharing the info!:rocker:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome pics, what did you shoot these with? F-stop and exposure?

Never been up the trails at night; what's that like?
Posted the specs, or click the picture and it will take you to my Flickr. Yeah YBB basin would be a little scary in some places if I didn't have so much light. LOL I know FJ Moose said he couldn't see anything!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
How large can you blow up these images and still retain the crisp focus in the print?
I purchased a 21 mp Sony since I had a Minolta SLR, and all of my lenses were compatible with the Sony body. I shot nothing but 35mm transparencies before, and haven't had time to really study the digital camera and its capabilities. I've shot a bunch of pictures, but would really like to get some nice prints.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
How large can you blow up these images and still retain the crisp focus in the print?
I purchased a 21 mp Sony since I had a Minolta SLR, and all of my lenses were compatible with the Sony body. I shot nothing but 35mm transparencies before, and haven't had time to really study the digital camera and its capabilities. I've shot a bunch of pictures, but would really like to get some nice prints.
I have had 36x48" prints done with my old 60d camera and its only 18mpx. So you should be good for any normal size one pretty easy.

Check this out-
http://blog.xlvisuals.com/index.php?/pages/printsize.html

1 - 20 of 140 Posts