Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a group together for a fun weekend. April 23 rd and 24 th. Now I will be there Friday night and would like to meet at White Rock Saturday morning to have a good starting place. From there we would go to the 3 waterfalls entrance, and go to all 3. Now a stock FJ without running boards could do this, but needed skills. Lots of brush and limbs, hard to avoid, but never made any permanent scratches on our rig. If group is small enough, around 6 or 8, we would like to camp at waterfall # 3.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decided...
Mill Creek Camp Grounds Friday night and waterfall run Saturday to new ones and then Saturday around 2 PM doing Waterfall run and camping at waterfall # 3.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry I missed this. I'll need a bit more heads up so I don't plan something else. Feel free to PM here next time you make a run. I'd like to see the places you posted about here. Have fun! :)

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Looked like a lot of fun and great scenery

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got on the road back. Went above Waterfall # 3 and got FJ high centered, slid onto a tree and put small dent in drivers door and minor damage to mirror. Thought I took out the fender as tree was on the A pillar hard. Not going to recommend this run to anyone that can't handle some minor damage or scratches that would polish out.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave Brooks is a tree magnet on 2 or 4 wheels.

Carol Brooks In all honesty, the first tree may have been a little my fault. lol We had just climbed a steep hill and realized when we got to the top we needed to take a hard right. I got out and looked and it looked like it might work... Ended up trying to lean a 3" diameter tree over so it wouldn't scratch up the truck too much. Then on the way back through he misjudged a big rock and ended up with the pumpkin on top of the rock. On a steep hill, off camber and didn't want to try to go down backwards. Camping gear loaded to the roof so couldn't even see out the back window. Then when trying a different angle the tire slipped off a rock and put the FJ into tree. All in all a good trip. Few dents, scrapes and scratches. But when Dave said we were in deep ****, I really started to worry (not something Dave says often).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Dave do you have a gpx or a file with the route you took. I'm from mo as well and would like to do this with the kids
Yes I do, and have map. I will get back with you on this, but you really need a guide on this. I am one of those that will get into some pretty rough stuff and am prepared for anything. Unless you are experienced, I would not do alone,

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Dave do you have a gpx or a file with the route you took. I'm from mo as well and would like to do this with the kids
Yes I do, and have map. I will get back with you on this, but you really need a guide on this. I am one of those that will get into some pretty rough stuff and am prepared for anything. Unless you are experienced, I would not do alone,
No problem. I don't ever explore on my own. I appreciate your help

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I will post map tonight. This is made by me with Google Earth. No known maps of this trail. We found out from locals that we helped out about 5 or 6 years ago and the trail was very unknown and rough and I allowed very little info out for a long time, but now the side by side groups have discovered and it is now swamped with this traffic and very busy now. There is only one entrance that a FJ CRUISER would want to enter at the bottom. Many side trails too, but not anything that you would want to try in a FJ . IF water is high, the creek crossing 3/4 of the way to Waterfall

Area Map

#1 could be real tricky because there are several very large boulders that would high center real easy. My FJ is very well protected with under Armour, rock sliders and descent lift and tires, so this is no punk of a trail. The serious stuff is above Waterfall #3 .I have a GPS rout too that I used too and will try to link for you on complete trail, but tryd to come in from above and wouldn't fit through the trees at top.

Waterfall Map

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have a Garmin etrex 20 and don't know much about it yet so all I have are pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts