Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading out to the Miller Jeep Trail on Sat. 4-26-08
I will leave Santa Barbara between 7 or 8am. Probably get there in 2 hrs, wheel all day, there's all kinds of other trails as well. I want to make sure to do Yellow Jacket again. There are a couple of waterfalls that are a good challenge. I didn't try one of them last time and I am dying to conquer it this time. I will finalize a time soon and let you guys know if you want to meet up. I hope some people can make it. So far it is me in my FJ, buddy in 2007 Tacoma, buddy in 85 4-runner and some other chevy blazer guys that I don't know.
Jaya

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I will leave Santa Barbara between 7 or 8am. Probably get there in 2 hrs, wheel all day, there's all kinds of other trails as well. I want to make sure to do Yellow Jacket again. There are a couple of waterfalls that are a good challenge. I didn't try one of them last time and I am dying to conquer it this time. I will finalize a time soon and let you guys know if you want to meet up. I hope some people can make it. So far it is me in my FJ, buddy in 2007 Tacoma, buddy in 85 4-runner and some other chevy blazer guys that I don't know.
Jaya
I'd check first to make sure the trail is open - it had been closed due to damage from the recent weather, and I'm not sure if they have reopened it yet...

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
It is highly likey that CruiserLarry's FJC was the last FJC on that trail before they closed it.

Miller
Azusa
Rincon
Rowher

Closed, closed, closed......last time I checked.

Sucks :(

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Jaya
It's open....so if you leave SB at 8am. you would be at the corner of Lockwood Valley and Fraiser Park way at 10am for a good meeting place. That mexican resturant Roxio? Gassed up and ready to go? Hum.. I'm thinking I'm going, haven't heard from you. Busy?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys.
I am so sorry that I haven't been more on top of this thread. I talked to the Mt. Pinos ranger station today and they told me that the Miller Jeep Trail is closed. I had called on Monday as well but they weren't quite sure if it would be open or not and told me to call back today(hence the last minute scheduling).We are going to meet at the Flying J gas station near the Frazier Park exit on the 5 freeway at 8:30am. There is a trail near Dome Springs known as bc109 that we are gonna tackle. I googled it and it looks like some fun stuff. It is near the base of Miller so we will also check that out just in case. I know it is late notice but I honestly just made the decision to try the other trails in the surrounding area as it was a late idea from a friend of mine. We will be there for the good part of the day and if anyone wants to join us you are more than welcome. The trail head is off of Lockwood Valley Road and looks easy to find. I think there is even a sign for Dome Springs Camp that designates the road to turn off of Lockwood Valley Road. I'm not exactly sure as I have never been there before. If you decide to come out you can call me at 805.453.3837

Brent: I have been extremely busy and I am sorry that I didn't plan this better. I always look forward to seeing you on the trail. Maybe you'll see this and meet us.....p.s Love the new avatar

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Jaya... I am leaving my house to meet up with you guys. Miller is open I called the ranger tuesday and he said it is closed but to call friday because they were thinking of opening it. Friday I called and he said it is OPEN...

FLYING JAY here we come..

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Take lots of pics!
Just to let you everyone know. Lockwood Gate is open to Miller. Alamo Gate is Closed. The ranger said today it will be two weeks untill Alamo gate is open. We ran trail at.... Trail 109. It's always good to go wheeling.. Lots of pinstrips.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
X2
After Brent left we ended up heading farther up the river bed to find some challenging rocks and washes. It was the trail we had been looking for all day. I will definitely be going back as it was getting late and so I didn't get to spend much time crawling around. Previous wheeling included mostly dirt trails with some fun frame twisting cornering and ruts throughout. Not as technical as I desired but still fun, and new. Very overgrown and resulted in lots of pin striping. Oh well, we had a blast I only wish you would have stayed Brent, all the fun was literally 5 minutes from were you left us. I would like to combine this trail with the Miller trail some day. Now that we know how to get there it will be a more challenging run with less body damage:)
Great fun was had by all and new friends were made, beautiful vistas and new adventures that's what wheelin is all about.....

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
X2

Great fun was had by all and new friends were made, beautiful vistas and new adventures that's what wheelin is all about.....
There are lot's of trails in Los Pradres Forest. We have just started to explore them. Most of them are rated EASY by the forest maps. Jaya said Trail 109 is challenging from the pictures he seen. We spent 3 plus hours in the dirt looking for it. Had fun the whole time. I know right where to go next time.

Did you guys take any pics?
I took one picture, Jaya's rig.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
X2
After Brent left we ended up heading farther up the river bed to find some challenging rocks and washes. It was the trail we had been looking for all day. I will definitely be going back as it was getting late and so I didn't get to spend much time crawling around. Previous wheeling included mostly dirt trails with some fun frame twisting cornering and ruts throughout. Not as technical as I desired but still fun, and new. Very overgrown and resulted in lots of pin striping. Oh well, we had a blast I only wish you would have stayed Brent, all the fun was literally 5 minutes from were you left us. I would like to combine this trail with the Miller trail some day. Now that we know how to get there it will be a more challenging run with less body damage:)

where is BC #109 located? i'm having a difficult time finding it on the maps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry I missed the trip I had to work on the FJ. But I am going up Friday night with my budy. We will camp at Los Alamos Mountain and do Miller Jeep Trail all day Saturday. This will be our first trip with our new lifts. So will try to take lots of photos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts