Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A handful of us are looking at doing Miller Rock Thursday afternoon at 1pm, and potentially stopping on the way back for food and drink. If anyone else is game, the more the merrier! We're planning to meet at the trail head at 1pm. FJC_Boulder and I will likely be meeting up at the Home Depot in Boulder prior to for anyone coming from Boulder and east/south of Boulder. The ranch has been contacted and the gate will be open, so we'll be able to take the trail all the way through.

Whose attending so far:

FJC_Boulder
Brewnasty
RubrSideDown
Madman#1

I realize its short notice, but if you're down, throw up a post.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
so were meeting at the trail head or the gas station on hwy 66 out side of lyons?
Lets meet at 1pm at the gas station off 66 right before you get into Lyons sound, I believe it's a Diamond Shamrock/Valero. This will be much easier than trying to meet at the trail head and afterwards if everyone is up for it we could stop by Oskar Blues (Lyons) for food and drink.

·
Registered
127 Posts
How long of a ride do you think it will be...

Starting at 1pm.....finishing at ?_________? before food and drinks

·
Registered
287 Posts
How long of a ride do you think it will be...

Starting at 1pm.....finishing at ?_________? before food and drinks
We'll most likely be starting up the trail by 2pm, after meeting at the gas station at 1; driving up to Raymond; airing down; etc. The run can be done relatively quickly, say an hour or two, but if we take our time maybe two to three hours and we're back in Lyons. Note: these are very rough estimates, please don't hold me to them :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
We'll most likely be starting up the trail by 2pm, after meeting at the gas station at 1; driving up to Raymond; airing down; etc. The run can be done relatively quickly, say an hour or two, but if we take our time maybe two to three hours and we're back in Lyons. Note: these are very rough estimates, please don't hold me to them :lol:
Hey, if it makes those of you riding stock feel any better, I am too. FJC Boulder is allowing time in those estimates for those of us that will need some "spotting". A handful of folks did this with 5" of snow on the trail, so now that its spring, I seriously doubt we'll have any trouble. Especially since a stock guy or two have done it in snow before. You're call, but, seriously? Is it a question? You get to meet new FJ folks, and that's NEVER a bad thing in this area! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Damn you guys and your middle of the work week runs! :p

You'll have to let us know how the trail conditions are when you get back. I'm starting to feel kind of burnt out on the Left Hand Canyon/Rampart areas. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Damn you guys and your middle of the work week runs! :p

You'll have to let us know how the trail conditions are when you get back. I'm starting to feel kind of burnt out on the Left Hand Canyon/Rampart areas. :)
Sorry, I can't do any wheeling over the wkend so this is my one opportunity. I'm sure we'll have something to say about the run this evening. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
anyone happen to check out camp d!ck while up there? When is MSV/Coney flats expected to open?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
all i can say it was a B..A.. day off wheeling, i'll post pic's as soon i download the pic's from the camera. plus it ended on a good note with beer and good food at Ozark Blues. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
just a quick teaser

·
Premium Member
667 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
all i can say it was a B..A.. day off wheeling, i'll post pic's as soon i download the pic's from the camera. plus it ended on a good note with beer and good food at Ozark Blues. :cheers:
I like it, 'Ozark Blues', reminds you of NC?

Bump, It was a great day of wheeling, Miller Rock and a portion of Bunce School Road. Much drier up along the 'Peak to Peak' than expected. Explored just about everything in Miller Rock and plan on heading back up in the very near future to explore everything along Bunce School Rd. Miller Rock was completely dry excluding a couple of water holes, we entered Bunce School from the north off of hwy 7 and because it was getting into the evening decided to not go all the way to Camp Dick encase the gate was closed. Epic day of good weather, good trail running and good food with some Oskar Blues 'home-brewed' micro brews to end the day. :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing pics, thanks for taking them Brewnasty and crew :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Looks like a great day! I might have to head up that way this weekend. :)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts

1 - 20 of 43 Posts