Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
That is crazy!!! Sorry I can't answer your question, but thanks for sharing the vid. At least you have a good excuse for a road trip now!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm not even claustrophobic, and I dont have the balls to drive through a mine. I wouldnt even want to camp under a large rock for shelter. Studied too much geology to put myself in that situation.

Cool video though. :)

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
i really want to do that!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I'm not even claustrophobic, and I dont have the balls to drive through a mine. I wouldnt even want to camp under a large rock for shelter. Studied too much geology to put myself in that situation.

Cool video though. :)
WEEEEEELLLLL, you don't really drive THROUGH the mine, you go in, it dead ends, and then you have to do about a 30 point turn around and drive out. Of course when you get to the end, its pitch black behind you, the walls are really close and your spotter needs to be on his/her toes to prevent carnage, though it would be small.

I really think if you happened to be at the mouth of the mine, your rig isn't lifted too high or have stuff piled on the roof rack, you'd be very tempted to do it. It's a pretty neat drive.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Awesome vid! I would love to do that! :bigthumb:

I heard one of your kids saying "what's that smell?" lol...did you bring a canary with you?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Awesome video. I would have gone up that incline at the end of the video and see whats up there.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
see whats up there.
:werd:

see what's up there, see what's over the next rise, see what's around this bend...I always want to see what's next!

·
Registered
55 Posts
^love that avatar... You're out of your element, Donny!

I'm going to grab a couple buddies and have to this one.. and hope that I don't find a body down there

·
Premium Member
11,119 Posts
G'day,
Thats awesome..... well done....
Did you clear the roof line the whole length or clip anything ?
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
37,932 Posts
That's cool.

·
Registered
109 Posts
WOW... Does it have an opening on the other end or do you have to turn back around at some point? Great video.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Best way I've seen to revive an old thread. Looks like a great time. Very cool trip and video!! Well done.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
G'day,
Thats awesome..... well done....
Did you clear the roof line the whole length or clip anything ?
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
Thanks, aired down to about 15 lbs. My factory antenna is slightly taller than anything else on my truck. So I used that as a feeler Gage. There were some places where I was scraping. It was also very tight on width in some places. We could not open the doors.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts