Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Toyota is still sending out a mini-FJ when you buy the real deal? I looked around at some other posts, but they were all pretty old. Was this just for the 07 models or can I somehow still get one too?

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Promo over.
Frequently available in the "Want to Sell" section and on ebay daily.
Post an ad in the "Want to Buy" section.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I bought a 07 TRD in December 06 and it was a promotion back then. They sent me a Black Diamond 2 months after I purchased it and I just received a TRD version almost 1 1/2 years later. I have also purchased two others from ebay also. They ranged from $30. for one with a white top and $100. for the TRD one.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
What's this crap ? I got a new '07 & no one ever said anything about a promo. Prob. on the salesman's desk I'll bet. Never even saw one, I'll have to go check them out on ebay. Are they metal/diecast or plastic ? I want my mini me !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I believe that promo ended in late 06 and then the TRD (black on black) models were just released in Jan of this year.....I have 2 diecasts available for sale.....a BD and a Fusion......they're an amazing lil rig with every detail....PM me if interested.....they're becoming difficult to find....

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
What's this crap ? I got a new '07 & no one ever said anything about a promo. Prob. on the salesman's desk I'll bet. Never even saw one, I'll have to go check them out on ebay. Are they metal/diecast or plastic ? I want my mini me !!!!!!!!!!
They are diecast.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Yup diecast and unfortunately no longer a promo. I have mine in my office. I get comments about it all the time so they really are cool! Check on ebay but make sure that you are looking at the metal ones, not plastic.

Kim

·
Registered
467 Posts
I believe they were sent out to the first 5,000 purchases of FJ's in early 2007. I purchased a Titanium FJ but was sent a Voodoo Blue model. I gave up trying to get exchanged and picked up a Titanium on E-bay.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I bought mine from TRDsource.com, they are a supporting vendor here. I think it cost about $65 and it comes with the certificate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
there is a company that still makes them there about a 100 bucks I believe I'll try to find the name of the company through the toyota rep.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My local dealership has them on sale for $59.99 in the parts department.
They even ordered a voodoo blue one for me at the same sale price.
Last time I was in they had a black diamond, 2 ti's, and a sun fusion.:bigthumb:

P.S. the name of the company that makes them is AUTOart.

www.autoartmodels.com

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats too bad...looks like finding a mini sandstorm FJ is going to be tough! It might be time to get a different color and break out the paint on my own....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts