Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the minimum lift necessary to run 285/70/17 on a 2007 fj. Will they run in stock setup? It is already lifted about 2 1/2 but the shocks and struts are wore out Walker Evens and I will be replacing them. I want the back lower than the front so I guess I will either have to go back to stock springs on the back or just enough to be able to continue to run the 285/70/17 on there.

·
Registered
843 Posts
What is the minimum lift necessary to run 285/70/17 on a 2007 fj. Will they run in stock setup? It is already lifted about 2 1/2 but the shocks and struts are wore out Walker Evens and I will be replacing them. I want the back lower than the front so I guess I will either have to go back to stock springs on the back or just enough to be able to continue to run the 285/70/17 on there.
Lots of this info in the forum if you search but short answer is the trail teams trd Bilstein suspension allowed that size to fit on my FJ with the trd SEMA rims. Stock rims I was hitting the UCA’s on full turn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
I'm having a hard time picturing this.
My 295s on stock wheels hit my LR UCA on the driver side. Just barely though. It would hit while turning hard right - tire would hit just in front of the ball joint on the arm of the UCA.

Here is an example with a stock UCA...see the rub marks on its forward side?

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
3 inches with becomes 2.5 or so when you start adding weight to your FJ. Bumpers, winch, recovery gear, etc..

I did my lift, BMC and UCA's before I did my 285's (33") so I don't know. A good alignment by a shop that does 4/4's can sort out a some of the rubbing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts